At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience.
Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, the UK, Germany, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you love working with customers, enjoy flexibility and independence, are results-driven, and prefer working with your hands over being confined to a desk, then our Regional Field Technician role is the right role for you. As the face of Coinstar, you’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
Regional Field Support Technician (High Travel Required), based in Seattle, WA.
The Regional Field Support Technician is responsible for installing, servicing, and maintaining products built and placed by Coinstar throughout a designated Region. This role is vital to the Regions success by providing zone coverage, installation support, mentorship & field training, project support and general team assistance as needed.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Provide equipment service at customer locations; service will include installation, repair, calibration, testing and maintenance that requires the use of test equipment and simple hand tools
- Perform coin & cash handling and transportation services in certain markets
- Report quality problems and other technical problems through proper escalation channels
- Interface effectively with other departments and supervisors/managers to resolve customer problems and situations
- Complete service documentation as required by the position function or as requested
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control
- As a representative of Coinstar, promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED with 3+ years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of computer, electronic and electromechanical devices OR Associate Degree in electronics or similar concentration required
- Previous experience in handling a position of responsibility with little or no supervisionKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Requires a good working knowledge of computers, electronics, and electro-mechanical devices
- A basic background in computer hardware and software as well as a basic knowledge of computer controlled equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills focused on team success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels inside and outside of our organization
- Strong project support skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, execute and report on project status
- Accountable for providing support to customers that meet Coinstar's standards of superior quality service and professionalism at all times
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and intermediate knowledge of current PC operating systems required
- Must be able to travel up to 80% of the time
- Travel outside of an assigned geography may be required from time to time, including consecutive weeks of travel
- Ability to lift 85 lbs.
- Ability to pull coin bins weighing up to 600 lbs. using a specially designed hand truck
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record; background checks, MVR and drug tests will be required
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Properly maintain Coinstar spare parts inventory, tools, manuals, and equipment
- A Commercial Motor Vehicle Certification (CMV) is required
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) may be required based on regional market needs as determined by management
Regional Field Support Tech work involves operating a motor vehicle to service kiosks throughout varying geographies. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting. Regularly positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to handle or move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. This position provides coin & cash handling and transportation responsibilities, which requires positioning oneself to move or lift objects weighing up to 85 lbs. and frequently moving coin bins weighing up to 600 lbs. using a specially designed hand truck. In these markets climbing in and out of the van/truck, and ascending and descending the step into the van/truck may be required. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.