Children’s World is a Bilingual Montessori program that provides care for children ages 6 weeks through 6 years to the Anchorage area. Since 2001, we have been committed to providing children with environments that are safe, loving, age appropriate, esthetically appealing and that are conducive for our children to grow cognitively, emotionally and spiritually.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the general operations of the school. They will introduce families to the program, work with QuickBooks, managing inventory and contractors, edit and format documents, create online content, and assist the Director.
- Respond to e-mails; help to answer phones, and respond to office drop-ins.
- Schedule tours with prospective parents and provide them with information needed.
- Quick books, cash payments and answering questions regarding payments.
- CCAP, Tribal Council and OCS Assistance.
- Classrooms field trips and support activities organized by our school.
- Licensing paperwork and file all termination paperwork.
- Edit and create documents and help teachers with classrooms newsletters.
- Track, update and order supplies for office and classrooms.
- Set appointments for buildings and property maintenance and follow up.
- Post job positions and classrooms’ openings.
- Up-date voicemail, internet notices, outlook calendar, website and Facebook.
- Weekly recycling, vacuuming and disposal of office trash when closing.
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred: Early Childhood Education, Education, English, Administration or related fields. Montessori experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with management. Management in Children’s Programs preferred.
- Current driver’s license required, Alaskan driver’s license preferred.
- Must pass background check.
- References will be required.
- Outstanding proficiency in English, editing, formatting, and document creation.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of parents, staff, and other individuals.
- Ability to use database systems and office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of early care, education, or administration.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
Please email cover letter and resume with “Assistant Director” in the subject line. Open until filled.
Schedule and Compensation
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:30 PM, occasional weekends
Location: Jewel Lake Road, Anchorage, AK
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Hiring Range: $42,000-$52,000/year
Benefits: 21 paid holidays, sick days, insurance stipend
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year