Capital Markets – Client Services Associate
Who Are We?
Prosper ( https://www.themuse.com/companies/prospermarketplace ) is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Prosper is an online marketplace that gives borrowers access to individual and institutional investors. Borrowers get low, fixed rates with no hidden fees or prepayment penalties. Investors can earn great returns through the platform’s data-driven underwriting for personal loans, creating a new and diverse investment opportunity. Through Prosper, more than $12 billion in personal loans have helped borrowers consolidate their credit card debt, pay for large purchases, make home improvements and cover medical expenses. Prosper Marketplace is headquartered in San Francisco and operations in Phoenix.
What We Need
Prosper is building a world-class client service organization within its Capital Markets team. We’re looking for an experienced client services associate who can serve as a primary day-to-day account manager for institutional investor relationships. This individual will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail, business acumen, and problem solving and organizational skills to deliver real-time solutions that satisfy client needs.
The individual will report to the Senior Director of Capital Markets and will take direct ownership over some of Prosper’s largest institutional investor accounts.
What You Will Do
- Act as the primary relationship manager and oversee day-to-day responsibilities for existing institutional investor accounts.
- Interface directly with institutional investors and their third-party stakeholders to come up with best-in-class solutions which satisfy client needs.
- Work cross-functionally with Prosper's internal stakeholders to solve technical, operational, accounting and finance questions.
- Query and use data in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server to perform analysis for Prosper’s institutional loan buyers.
- Assist with recurring monthly investor reporting responsibilities and other administrative tasks.
- Support the Capital Markets team on securitizations, warehouse facility management, and with moving prospective institutional loan buyers through final due diligence and onboarding.
What You Will Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing analytical role at a financial services company
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Basic knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Proven ability and desire to provide superior client service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive solutions to complex problems quickly and successfully, both individually and as part of a team effort
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace a team culture
What’s In It For You
In addition to working for a world class FinTech company and having a lot of fun doing it, Prosper provides its employees an excellent compensation and benefits plan. The plan includes incentive bonuses, stock options, company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even fitness reimbursement and commuting reimbursement benefits.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.