This software engineering role builds and implements software solutions for Lowe’s distribution and supply chain organizations through both custom development and software package implementations. Requires strong experience in translating business requirements into software systems designs as well as developing and testing software in Java, “C”, Unix and IBM z/OS, using Relational Databases. Leads other software engineers to design, develop, and test software. Communicates directly with internal business customers, software vendors, and various IT teams and team members locally and in geographically dispersed locations.
- Performs the following types of assignments individually while also leading others to perform some or all of these types of assignments:
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs
- Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
- Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
- Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
- Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
- Leads and coaches others in all software development life cycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 5+ years experience in software development or a related field.
- 3+ years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- 4+ years experience in database technologies
- 3+ years developing software using Java and J2EE tools
- 3+ years developing software using “C”, Unix, and Relational Databases
- 2+ years developing integrations between distributed package solutions and centralized systems
- 2+ years IT experience working with warehouse management systems
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.