THIS IS A UI/UX DESIGN MANAGER POSITION.
Please DO NOT apply unless you have AT LEAST 5 YEARS of NATIVE (iOS / Android) mobile app design experience. To be considered for this position, all applicants must provide:
- A link to their digital design portfolio and resume
- Salary requirements for desired role
CitrusBits is a fast-growing, boutique mobile app development agency headquartered in the heart of Old Town in Pasadena, CA. We have enjoyed the distinction of being rated the #1 mobile app development agency in Los Angeles and San Francisco by Clutch.co. Our diverse and talented global team handcrafts exceptional mobile apps and digital experiences for venture capital backed startups and Fortune 500s across all major industries.
CitrusBits’ enterprise clientele includes: DuPont Innovation Labs, Zoetis, Harman Kardon, Burger King, Johnson and Johnson, Quiksilver, Samsung, Mercedes-Benz, UCLA, and VICE Media.
CitrusBits’ startup & SMB clientele includes: IrisVision, Champions Round, Fully Raw, Kedalion Therapeutics, and Chemowave.
Learn more about CitrusBits at: https://citrusbits.com
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a dynamic UI/UX Design Manager who is as comfortable guiding Fortune 500 and startup clients through critical app design decisions as he/she is leading a team of UI/UX designers to meet a fast-approaching sprint deadline. A visionary who understands the big picture -- for the client, for the agency, and for the app market, in general -- the ideal candidate for this role welcomes the opportunity to disrupt, rethink, and evolve the status quo in the pursuit of greatness.
This critical design leader will be responsible for driving the creation of high-value design deliverables for the agency’s clientele in a client-facing capacity. In accordance with Agile methodology, the successful candidate will collaborate closely with our clients and internal counterparts to meet each client’s business needs while upholding the standard of excellence CitrusBits is known for.
- At least 5 years of professional UI/UX mobile app design experience
- A breathtaking UI/UX portfolio featuring commercial mobile app and/or web projects completed in the last 5 years
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills (English)
- Expertise in industry-standard design/prototype tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Marvel, and Abstract (or equivalent)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- BA or equivalent degree in Design-related field
- 3 years of management experience with direct supervision of other designers
- 1+ years of agency experience (or experience working with multiple clients concurrently)
- 1+ years of experience presenting design work to (or consulting with) external clients
- Experience designing cross-platform apps for React Native
- Manage, nurture, and expand a high-performing team of in-house UI/UX designers
- Provide solution-oriented consulting to clients in diverse industries, ranging from funded startups to Fortune 500s
- Collaborate with clients, fellow designers, product managers, and engineering staff to define and create exemplary, innovative, and award-winning mobile apps
- Evaluate, introduce, and implement new design philosophies and practices to help CitrusBits continually push the boundaries of design excellence
- Oversee and drive the execution of all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Drive the creation of wireframes, user flows, and site maps for mobile and web products according to user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints
- Drive the translation of wireframes into pixel-perfect visual designs
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to enhance and optimize client products
- Company-sponsored education, networking, and professional certification opportunities available to all employees
- Generous vacation/PTO allotments
- Kitchen stocked with free snacks and drinks
- Beautiful Class A prime office in Old Town Pasadena (surrounded by world-class dining and shopping)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $95,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
Our team temporarily enjoys the flexibility to work remotely.
- Please state your desired salary requirements
- UI: 3 years (Required)
- UX: 3 years (Required)
- NATIVE (iOS/Android) mobile app design: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19