Front Desk Receptionist- SOMACIS Inc. is an advanced technology, high reliability printed circuit board manufacturer, located in Poway, California. We build product for Military, Aerospace, Commercial and Medical Instrumentation Applications. If you are a strong communicator, organized, and able to maintain a professional front office appearance and a welcoming demeanor please apply for this very important position.
This position under supervision performs a variety of routine activities in support of Somacis Inc. reception area as well as providing administrative supports to various functional areas within Somacis, Inc.
- Greet visitors and guests courteously, determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate person by contacting the individual, advising the visitor in a manner which projects an attitude of welcome.
- Ensure that all International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) procedures are performed and maintained, according to ITAR Procedure Policy and Training provided
- Assure that all visitors to the plant are provided with the appropriate safety gear and visitor identification
- Answer incoming telephone lines in an expeditious and courteous manner. Direct incoming calls to the appropriate individual, correctly process messages if unavailable
- Notify company personnel of an incoming call by direct dialing their office, paging and/or then using the internal cell system
- Maintain the security of Somacis employees by insuring all visitors entering the lobby have authority to access the facility
- Prepare all outgoing mail daily
Executive and Sales Support
- Schedule travel-flight, hotels, auto rental as required, both domestic and international for Executives Sales personnel
- Insure the best pricing for travel related assignments
Accounts Payable Support
- Match invoices to receipt of goods
- Pull accounts payable invoices for monthly check run
- Maintain all current and historical files
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements and resolve any outstanding issues, under direction
Human Resources Support
- Responsible for accuracy and the generation of employee bi-weekly time cards from an electronic data base system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED and 1-2 years of related experience required
- Demonstrated experience with phone and computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Organizational Skills
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe PDF
- Time management/Customer service orientation/Attention to detail/Reliability/Initiative
- You are excited to work for and be the face of a growing, dynamic organization on the cutting edge of technology
- Must be customer-oriented, well organized, prompt and courteous. Must be a self-starter and excel in a fast paced work environment. has the ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment and must be very accurate and thorough with paperwork and computer entry. Qualified applicants must hold U.S. Citizenship, Permanent, Asylee or Refugee Status. The Wage Range is $15.00-18.00 per hour, non-exempt, DOE. Full Time, Monday-Friday. Only those persons with the above experience and qualifications will be considered for this position.Send resume and salary history to: ATTN: Receptionist SOMACIS Inc. 13500 Danielson Street Poway, CA 92064 858.513.2215- FAX RELOCATION IS NOT OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION. The employment process may include the following: Multiple Interviews and Reference Checks. Pre-Employment Screening includes post-contingent offer drug testing and a check of criminal conviction records. We promote a drug-free environment. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands and values diversity and its impact on a high performing culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- 10 Key: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Greeting visitors
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Sorting and sending mail
- Stocking supplies
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma