- 10+ years of experience in program or project management
- 8+ years business strategy development
- 8+ years using data and metrics to drive improvements
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in an analytically driven role
The Senior leader of Business Management and Strategy for the newly formed Amazon Security organization, will work closely with the multiple stakeholders including but not limited to: Finance, Legal, HR, and CISOs to drive strategic planning, develop robust operational processes and data-informed analyses. This work will ultimately create roadmaps and mechanisms predicting and monitoring business health. The role requires high judgement as you will operate with deep ambiguity and autonomy working from a greenfield state, building the rhythm of the business foundation while also driving for future needs not known today. As the senior leader of the Business Management and Strategy work-stream, you’ll partner closely with leaders to understand the prioritization asks of security within their business while also auditing the needed business mechanisms and artifacts to successfully operate the organization.
Key job responsibilities
- Thrive building impactful work from the ground up.
- Comfortable leading strategic initiatives to solve complex business challenges with multiple levels in the organization.
- Know how to deliver through others.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and analytically about the business, how security should be considered, and operational challenges to consider.
- Have experience managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Enjoy the pace of moving fast while respecting others perspectives.
- Appreciate what has been built before you in other organizations and seeking to understand is your compass.
- Have strong analytical skills to develop quantitative and qualitative insights to formulate robust, actionable recommendations for your partners and stakeholders.
- Enjoy writing narratives and understand how to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
A day in the life
- Facilitate meaningful debate to develop and refine business strategies and approaches, while owning outcomes, ultimately translating into actionable goals and/or project needs.
- Own the OP1 process, including all prep and supporting documents.
- Skilled collaborator working cross-functionally to understand, pilot, and build robust mechanisms that scale with the demands of the business.
- Build effective and insightful expectations for all business leaders to own and run their respective MBRs, QBRs – helping to inform OP1s.
- Scope, build, and implement inspection mechanisms to understand the value of all business reviews and impact.
- Partner with the respective CISOs in Amazon Security to spot trends, risks, and challenges.
- Looking around corners to prep briefing materials related to business health, risks, challenges, opportunities and wins on a weekly basis for the CSO.
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Passionate about the security, risk, and compliance space
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, QuickSite)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.