Hey there! We’re a media production studio in Richmond, Virginia and we’re looking for help with marketing outreach.
We make hand-drawn videos that most of the corporate world [unfortunately] hasn’t heard about.
Here’s a video that explains how they work: https://whiteboardgeeks.wistia.com/medias/xbuz1q0ahc (Be sure to turn the sound on!)
The idea has been spreading slowly but surely since we started in 2013. Now, we’d like your help to tell more people about this!
Your daily duties:
- Reaching out to 50-60 people on LinkedIn
- Engaging in messages with folks you connect with on the platform
- Finding and posting useful content to help our audience grow
- Calling the folks you connect with
- Maybe even hosting a podcast, video conference or other call
We’re looking for two to three Influencers to fill these seats.
You’re the right fit if:
- You're not afraid of cold outreach! This job is primarily about engaging with folks via LinkedIn, but we oftentimes do cold calling, email or direct mail. If you don't like this kind of outreach, this will unlikely be a good fit.
- You love talking to people. This job is NOT primarily on the phone, but you’ll be chatting with people online via LinkedIn messages and email. So if you hate talking to people, please don’t apply.
- You speak and write down-to-earth, but professional English. We’re a little company, so we don’t have to talk “corporate-speak”, but we are regularly talking with Directors, VPs and even C-level execs at companies with hundreds or thousands of employees. You might be in a conversation with someone that makes billion dollar decisions! You’ve got to be able to speak and write accordingly.
- You’re not afraid to talk to anyone. Some folks are easily intimidated by reaching out to people that are in charge of such big budgets. We need employees who are excited about our videos and aren’t afraid to reach out to anyone!
- You're ready to learn the best way to customize your profiles. We’ve got our presentation down to a science. Most people we hire end up having to make a quite a few tweaks to their LinkedIn profile and email signature. Sometimes, they have to get another photo (we’ll pay for a professional if that’s the case). We’re happy to help, but you’ve got to be ready to learn!
- You’re good at cyber-sleuthing. A big part of this outreach is figuring out the right person to talk to. We’re trying to find folks with the authority and the budget to shake up their company’s presentation style. We’ll need your help to do it! - You’re tech-savvy. There’s no programming or advanced computing, BUT there are lots of new systems to learn. We need folks who are fast typists and fast learners.
Here’s how you’ll get paid:
- Hourly: $10/hour for 20 hours/week
- Commission: $20/appointment booked
- Bonuses: Quarterly. We try to not just say we appreciate you, but show it too.
Realistically, you’ll get 10-30 appointments per month. That means your total pay will be between:
80 hours/month @ $10/hr (since you’re part time) = $800/month
Commission is likely between: 10 appointments x $20/appointment = $200/month 30 appointments x $20/appointment = $600/month
Your total pay will likely be between $1,000 and $1,400/month. That’s an hourly rate of between $12.50 and $17.50.
Even if you have a bad month, you’re guaranteed your $800.
If you’re interested, please apply using Indeed.com!
Job Type: Part-time
- 401k matching
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
- 20 hours per week max (with flex, upon manager’s approval)
- No weekends - We believe in work/life balance here!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance