Responsible for performing basic preventative maintenance, full service inspections, brake repair, tire changes, vehicle alignment, and suspension repair on our dedicated fleet customers' Class 6 - 8 trucks and trailers. The inspection process is equivalent to or greater than an annual vehicle inspection with the ability to legibly document issues found and report back to the service manager and fleet.
- Perform maintenance in accordance with required forms and procedures
- Perform preventative & corrective maintenance in an acceptable time frame without direct supervision to meet equipment and shop schedule needs and customer requirements.
- Possess and utilize any necessary safety equipment required to safely perform the assigned jobs.
- Properly use any required tooling or testing equipment to perform assigned jobs.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Attention to detail of doing the job right the first time without jeopardizing the safety of oneself or others
- Proficient oral & written communication skills.
- Regular & timely attendance.
- Mechanical skills training and/or on the job experience
- Training & Certification to perform Federal & State annual inspections as required by FMCSA and/or the State of Texas
- Basic working knowledge of all mechanical systems up to and including Class-8 vehicles including familiarity with basic rules & regulations as it pertains to trucks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour