Alliance Occupational Medicine is a full-service occupational therapy clinic in the heart of Silicon Valley. We are currently seeking a full-time Billing Specialist to join our Billing Team!
We offer a competitive benefits package including company sponsored Medical (HMO & PPO options), Dental & Vision. 100% company paid life insurance. Additional voluntary products include additional life insurance, short term disability and pet insurance. Sick Leave accrual after 30 days of employment. Vacation accrual as well as $1000 annual Professional Development benefit after 90 days of employment.
Responsible for performing procedures associated with billing, insurance and collections.
- Cascade EOB’s
- Examine if payment is made correctly and in accordance with official medical fee schedule. If not, initiate the rebill process.
- When necessary, further investigate the charges and chart notes in computer.
- Enter payment information on computer.
- Enter all necessary information gathered related to billing and payment procedures into computer.
- Monitor accounts receivable summary for delinquency through related reports on a regular basis.
- Execute appropriate collection activities in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Initiate appropriate collection activity via past due notices, telephone, correspondence and collection agency efforts.
- Contact carriers or employers via telephone and/or written correspondence regarding pertinent general information, billing discrepancies and collections activities.
- Respond to various insurance companies via telephone in a courteous and timely manner regarding outstanding accounts.
- Obtain payments from insurance companies for patient accounts via telephone and/or written correspondence in regards to repeatedly denied bills.
- Create and maintain proper response letters on computer for various incoming correspondence.
- Organize and document all collections activity to facilitate teamwork and eliminate duplication of work.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Typing > 40 WPM
Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Prior work related experience required.
Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Fee Schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $26.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent