WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This position is accountable for directing the manufacturing, packaging, and shipping of architectural coatings to the plant as well as directly to the customer. To accomplish this, he/she must supervise multiple lines and multiple shifts as well as Production Supervisors to assure the plant runs smoothly and efficiently. He/she is also responsible for providing a safe work environment and maintaining quality and cost per guidelines.
Major Tasks Performed:
• Enforce safe working procedures and maintain a safe environment for the protection of people and other assets
• Actively supervise both multiple lines and multiple shifts to make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently
• Follow the production plan: balancing production demand, available manpower and equipment.
• Train subordinates to properly perform their job
• Enforce quality criteria in production
• Actively participate in meeting budget goals (operating and capital.)
• Maintain training and conformance to all ISO procedures
• Attend all team meetings and act as a facilitator
• Conduct month end inventories of raw materials and bulk tanks
• Develop and maintain all safety and environment programs
• Develop and maintain continuous improvement in all programs with regards to customer expectations
• Manufacture products through an organization of employees trained and focused on meeting or exceeding customer expectations
• Develop new processes that enable the company to turn over more mixes per day
• Develop processes and programs that help us make and meet our budget guidelines and production goals by building larger batches and quicker mix turnovers respectively
• At least 18 years of age
• Must have the legal right to work in this country without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa
• At least (1) year of supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing, distribution or operations environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or at least four (4) years of work experience
• Experience with OSHA and EPA requirements
• Experience using MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access)
• At least three (3) years of supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing, distribution or operations environment.
• Interpersonal and Leadership skills (outgoing and engaged leadership style)
• Communication skills
• Experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. is preferred
• Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Etc.)