***Construction Superintendent License Preferred***
TITLE: Superintendent DIRECTLY General Superintendent
DEPARTMENT: Construction Management SUPERVISES: Assistant Superintendent,
Operations Foreman and Laborer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Oversee the day-to-day running of the projects. Scheduling and coordinating trade activity through look ahead process. Ensures field procedures are being performed according to current operating procedures. Coordinates the work and uses of “Quality Manual” to guarantee a quality product.
- Ensure safety on the job site.
- Coordinate Sub-contractors for work quality, adherence to the construction schedule and construction documents (i.e. drawings and specs).
- Complete all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accountable for laborers’ hours for payroll.
- Ensure staff understands schedules, project documents, budget and project commitments.
- Train staff on policy, procedure and general construction practices.
- Inform staff and management of any changes.
- Inform Human Resources and Risk Management of any accidents on their projects.
- Coordinate for all off hours work on projects.
- Responsible for job progress photos, two week look ahead and daily reports.
- Chair weekly Foreman’s and safety meeting.
- Approves all requests for materials and tools.
- Authorizes OT for assigned projects.
- Attend Kickoff meeting, weekly sub and client meetings, weekly Foreman/Site Safety meetings, Project Management meetings and any additional meetings for continued training and certifications.
GOALS RELATED TO COMPANY GROWTH:
- Increase revenue for the company.
- Increase profit margin on projects.
- Mentor staff employees.
- Preach core values and philosophy.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate at anytime, for any reason.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Superintendent License (Preferred)