Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures for BFC.
- Audit responsibility for BFC for the requirements necessary to meet the specifications of the financial and HRSA oversight agencies.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, of major importance.
- Advises the Executive Director on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Works with, organizes and schedules all reporting to the Compliance Consultant for BFC.
- Ensures compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Responsible for all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, taxes, bank reconciliations, monthly and adhoc reporting.
- Works as the back-up to the HR Generalist for payroll processing and management.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data to the Executive Director with required and ad-hoc reports.
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management
*Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) refer to a common set of accounting principles, standards and procedures that companies must follow when they compile their financial statements. GAAP is a combination of authoritative standards (set by policy boards) and the commonly accepted ways of recording and reporting accounting information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)