Torie & Howard, Inc is a producer of USDA Organic, Kosher and Vegan candy designed to satisfy consumers with discriminating palates who crave healthy, yet indulgent, snacks! We are a young leading lifestyle brand located in New Milford CT.
Inside Sales 2020
Direct report to SVP of Sales and CEO
Sales / Sales Operations Responsibilities:
- Become expert in Torie & Howard products and execute Torie & Howard sales strategies using set targets to meet performance objectives.
- Provide ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, professionalism, and positive attitude to sell to small- and mid-sized accounts on a daily basis.
- Achieve result-driven outbound/inbound sales calls using excellent judgment, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Create, build and maintain effective relationships with brokers, customers and internal partners to ensure compliance within company’s sales growth strategy and policies.
- Schedule monthly email blast communication via Salesforce.com to customers for promotions, trade shows, web sales.
- Provide monthly consolidated reporting using customer data portals for monthly data collection; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions to support SVP of Sales in providing data and sales tools for broker partners, sales and customer management.
- Execute, track and maintain planned customer promotional schedule submissions while communicating plan to customers on a monthly basis.
- Assist Office Manager with monthly distributor and retailer deduction reconciliation.
- Create manage and maintain item set up and new vendor setup forms for retailers, ecommerce and distributor customers for existing business and rollout of new products and maintain existing entries.
- Tradeshow sales and management: Show registration, purchase and manage vendor packages, order tradeshow materials, pallet tracking, attend and set up various tradeshows throughout the year. Manage sales team’s hotel registration.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Ideal candidate will have foundational CPG sales training and background established across previous roles. Snacks/Confectionery background preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CPG Selling experience preferred
- Analytical skills and proficiency with syndicated data such as EDI/portal maintenance across multiple platforms (IX-One, 1worldsync, KeHe, UNFI, McLane, etc)
- Experience in adapting to business needs of a rapid growth business (Adept at change and fast-paced full days)
- Ability to effectively address complex issues in an effective and efficient manner, and with complete discretion; ability to be entrusted with sensitive and confidential information
- Result-driven with excellent judgment, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel 3x year
- Proven ability to gain commitment and build strategic work relationships with consistency
- Working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce or CRM tools, Dropbox
Salary based on experience - Base + Commission
Office atmosphere is professional in a loft style setting - casual attire. Work from home during inclement weather.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 per year
- sales: 5 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative