Commensurate with Experience
Signet Maritime Corporation has an immediate opening for an Introductory level Payroll & Human Resources Assistant. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and organized with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, priority changing environment. This individual will have dual reporting responsibilities to HR and Accounting, and represent a corporate position working in the Ingleside office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily operations, preparation and disbursement of the weekly and bi-weekly payroll using QuickBooks;
- Updates payroll & HR records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles;
- Assist the accounting department with specific payroll deduction reports;
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll & HR operations by keeping information confidential;
- Communicates with multiple departments and divisions in collecting and verifying payroll data;
- Manages employee documentation and department files;
- Data entry of expense reports;
- Assist with weekly check run;
- Process large quantities of data efficiently and accurately on a daily basis;
- Account reconciliations related to payroll & benefits;
- Further assist A/P or Accounting as needed (audits, 1099s, projects, filing, mailings, etc.).
- Credit Card reconciliations, distributing monthly statements to each credit card holder, monitor spending, accuracy, proper coding in accordance with Signet Policy & Procedures.
- Works closely with HR on payroll and benefit related issues;
- Ensures accurate benefit deductions and record keeping
- Handles all garnishments, deductions and vacation/sick time balances.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed;
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting is required with minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Previous accounting and QuickBooks experience;
- Experience in the Maritime industry is preferred but not required.
- Signet Maritime Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes diversity in the workplace;
- The selected applicant will be subject to successfully passing a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check;
- Signet Maritime Corporation is a tobacco free company.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Required)