At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the
right people. We believe that work should be
challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also
believe that exponential possibilities are more likely
to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering
company. We value and respect our employees - their
experience and expertise as well as their energy,
passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to
work and to life.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior
Process Engineer to work in a flexible role that
includes design and commissioning for processes in
various technologies. The work will include performing
complete design of oil/ gas and chemical facilities
process engineering assignments and to potentially
manage smaller chemical/process engineering assignments.
Work also includes field support and commissioning.
- Lead and mentor Engineer/ Designer level staff on
- Perform at a ‘responsible charge’ level of meeting
EXP's design and quality levels
- Work with Mechanical, Piping, Electrical, Plumbing,
Fire Protection, Instrumentation, Process Controls,
Civil / Structural disciplines to ensure the design
intent of the process and supporting utilities are
- QA/QC review of all calculations by Designers and
Engineers, and provides guidance and mentoring
- Determines content of drawings and specs for
Designers to meet the scope of work
- Write new Process equipment and piping
specifications, develop new details, as required for
- Analyze process systems and develop methods for
- Develop a broad base knowledge of process
instrumentation and applications
- Prepare documents (P&ID’s, PFD’s) for Hazards
Analysis and lead HAZOPs and other formal safety
- Generate control philosophies and sequence of
operations for processes
- Review Designer’s quality on RFI answers, and
- Travel to project site to review progress of work,
successfully solve problems within time & budget
- Develop process work plans for projects and provide
project management for smaller projects
- Perform code analysis for hazardous chemicals and
- Review non-hazardous code related items and ensure
- Manage time to work effectively on multiple projects
within budgeted hours
- Write studies and reports for process systems on
- Perform economic evaluations for processes
- Perform front-end loading of process systems for
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in related
design in oil/ gas separation/ dehydration/
compression/ fractionation and chemicals.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from an
accredited school or equivalent experience with a
degree in mechanical engineering
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of chemical/process engineering
calculations and chemical/process computer programs.
- Ability to develop mass and energy balances, flow
diagrams, P&IDs, utility matrix, equipment, valve,
line and instrument lists, data sheets and
- Should have experience with AutoCAD 3D modeling
software (MEP 2011 or greater) and Navisworks.
- Experience with commissioning and/or validation of
oil/ gas and chemical facilities preferred
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) is required (multiple
state registration may be necessary)
Tests & Exams
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal
- Successful completion of a pre-employment driver’s
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and
deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design
and consulting services to the world’s built and natural
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of
EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering
infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP
professionals across North America provide the passion
and expertise needed to deliver successful projects
around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a
positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a
promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with an
opportunity to help grow our business, the capacity to
develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible
working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP
has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com.
EXP U.S. Services is an equal opportunity employer
committed to diversity in the workplace.