Our client is a converter of printed and laminated flexible packaging materials with more than 250 employees manufacturing re-sealable bags & pouches, shrink sleeves and roll-fed labels. Processes include film extrusion, laminating, flexographic printing and pouch making. Annual sales exceed $100 million.
The Press Department Manager oversees all activities of the Press, Ink, and Plate Mounting departments through direct supervision and collaboration with the Press Dept Supervisors. Directly supervises the Press Department Shift Supervisors, Lead Ink Tech, and Lead Plate Mounter. Indirectly supervises the hourly staff of the Press, Plate Mounting, and Ink areas. Reports to VP Operations.
- Assist day shift Supervisors with daily activities within the department on day shift.
- Responsible for coordinating and collaborating in the production process with other departments.
- Track department production statistics on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and report these the Management Team and the Operations Team at monthly and bi-annual meetings.
- Managing department improvement projects and work closely with the Technical group on press and plate related issues and improvements.
- Oversee the administration of all policies, procedures set forth by the company for the press department.
- Ensure a strong team environment with good communication skills between shifts and departments.
- Be a champion for all safety rules and regulations set forth by the company by strictly adhering to all safety policies and enforcing the same with direct reports and hourly workforce.
- Overall responsibility for performance evaluation, discipline, vacation scheduling for the Press department.
- At times, must be able to step in and perform plate checking duties in the absence of the Lead Plate Mounter.
- Complete all assigned tasks promptly and efficiently.
- Member of the Sustainability Steering Committee and Product Safety Committee
- Complies with, and ensures compliance of department personnel with, all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s. SOP’s may cover the areas of (but are not limited to)
----- Employee Health and Safety
----- SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured.
- Capable of driving a cultural change and building a foundation that is sustainable
- Degree desirable but not mandatory
- 10+ years of management in a flexible packaging printing operation.
- Prior experience overseeing plate making/mounting, ink, and printing.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to determine P&L ratios from manufacturing statistics and data.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills, working with Microsoft products and manufacturing ERP systems.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 120K plus 25% bonus opportunity. Excellent relocation program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- flexible packaging printing dept management: 10 years (Required)