This role will be responsible for designing new or modified functionality for hospitality web-based software projects. The Business Analyst II will possess significant subject matter expertise pertaining to M3 software and will apply a methodical approach in identifying internal and external customer needs, developing optimal business solutions, eliciting and prioritizing business requirements, and translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Represent the end user as a subject matter expert pertaining to M3 proprietary software as a member of an agile development team
- Prioritize and manage the sprint backlog based on priorities set by the Product Manager and sprint goals
- Assist maintaining the product backlog of product enhancements, maintenance and support items
- Owns production defect prioritization and resolution
- Owns requirements across the SDLC through production and works independently to elicit and document business and functional requirements, based on project scope defined by Product Manager and stakeholders
- Understanding and documenting the gaps for current and desired business processes that bring the client and dev team to a common understanding of the product and how it will satisfy the business need
- Collaborates with all members of product life cycle including QA, Development, Support, Training, and others to successfully plan and execute projects and releases
- Prepares documentation and provides internal training for Support, Sales, and Marketing teams on new functionality and supporting materials
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Bachelors Degree with a preferred major in IT, MIS or Computer Science or Business. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience producing Functional Specifications or Business Requirements Documentation for software and hardware implementations; or 5 or more years of experience as a Subject Matter Expert of M3 proprietary software; or an equivalent combination of both.
- Must have experience working on an agile development team, writing user stories, and presenting user stories to development teams
- Ability to use creative thinking in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both client facing and internal stakeholders
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating customer input sessions
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, spreadsheets and presentation software (MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, TFS and other ALM tools)
- Must have experience using SQL
- Must have experience creating mock ups and prototype using design tools (Ex: Balsamiq, Pencil, Photoshop, MarvelApp, etc)
- Familiarity with APIs and integrations, as well as using API testing tools (Ex: PostMan, SoapUI)
- Experience documenting Business Process Flow Diagrams
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Ex: Sisense, Power BI, Tableau)
- CSPO, CSM, CBAP, CCBA and/or Six Sigma certification strongly preferred
- Accounting and/or Hotel experience
M3 offers a strong benefits package including 75% employer paid medical, dental and vision for the employee and family; life, long and term disability, and Long Term Care insurance that the company provides free of charge; 401k with a 6% match; three weeks paid time off; discretionary profit sharing, a great culture, competitive salary. We are a certified Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to travel in representing the company’s interests required.
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.