Want to throw axes for a living? Urban Axes is bringing the thrill of axe throwing to Ohio, and we are looking for a General Manager to run our new Cincinnati location to bring people together, one bullseye at a time!
About Urban Axes:
Urban Axes brought the very popular Canadian sport of indoor axe throwing to Philadelphia in 2016, Austin in 2017, Baltimore in Summer 2018 and is looking to open in Cincinnati in the Fall of 2018. Urban Axes core offering is a 2.5 hour group axe-throwing event, in which groups of 6-100 learn how to throw an axe then compete against their friends to crown a champion. In addition to the group event, Urban Axes also offers leagues for the axe-throwing enthusiasts! Our new Urban Axes locations are licensed facilities with a bar that serves beer and wine for our guests!
The ideal candidate will be energetic, motivated, creative, have unquestionable integrity and the same passion for our business as we do. The person we are looking for:
· Is Customer Focused: You will grow the customer base and be solely responsible for creating an unparalleled customer experience.
· Has strong operational skills: You will ensure a safe environment for all guests and staff, and that operations are running smoothly and efficiently.
· Is highly organized. Opening a new location requires managing multiple priorities and moving every aspect of the business along.
· Is Supportive. You are the hirer, mentor and builder of our teams. You should already have successful experience in building and managing great teams, you know when and how to delegate.
· Is Entrepreneurial and creative: You seek and create opportunities to grow the business and the brand.
· Is Accountable. You will be part of the management and execution of the Urban Axes business plan. You have a clear understanding of what is driving revenue and success.
· Is Savvy: You understand communication and social media, and can leverage this strength to grow an excited community.
· 3+ Years Experience in a General Manager / Operations Manager Role, preferably in the restaurant or hospitality industries
· 3+ Years People Management Experience
· 1+ Years Experience in Alcohol Service + Management Experience
· Competence with computers, including Microsoft Office, Scheduling software, etc
· Ability to regularly work evenings and weekends
· Strong communication skills – ability to speak and write effectively
· High-energy, enthusiastic personality
· 5+ Years Experience in a General Manager / Operations Manager Role, preferably in the restaurant or hospitality industries
· 5+ Years People Management Experience
· Social media savvy
· Comfortable working with hand tools and doing simple maintenance tasks
· Experience dealing with press / media
· Experience opening a new restaurant / store / facility
Competitive compensation package based on experience, including bonus potential, health/dental coverage, personal time off and company phone.
For consideration, please submit your resume with an original and personal cover letter about why you connect with Urban Axes and believe you are the right person to run Urban Axes Cincinnati. We will not review resumes without this.
Job Type: Full-time