Business Immigration Paralegal with 3+ years of industry experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members.
- Learn procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Work closely in team environment and provide updates while building knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems. Run reports as needed.
- Prioritize and assign cases, monitor workload and production.
- Review and approve client billing under supervision of partner or attorney.
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases.
- Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
- Perform intake of cases, troubleshooting and establishing case strategy.
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of experience as a business immigration paralegal
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- Experience drafting RFEs and PERM Audit responses, and drafting and filing large volumes of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, including H-1B and PERM
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume case load while maintaining high level of productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment.
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified minorities, veterans and/or women are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time