Clinic Nurse/Registered Nurse – ARL (Part-Time Hourly Wage)
George Mason University Student Health Services seeks a part-time Registered Nurse for the Arlington campus with occasional travel to our Fairfax campus location. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Position requires three days a week throughout the fall and spring semesters, including two evenings working from 10:30am-7:00pm, one day 9:30am-6:00pm and occasional Saturday mornings.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in good standing, demonstrated medical office or other outpatient/ambulatory clinic experience;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize and to facilitate cohesiveness and team work; and
- Must be able to work independently.
- BSN and current Health Care Provider CPR certification;
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Critical thinking skills, including ability to prioritize and to facilitate cohesiveness and team work;
- Experience with in-person and Telephonic Triage nursing protocols;
- Experience and knowledge of unique needs of a college student;
- Experience and knowledge of adult ambulatory care practices, including, patient flow, patient preparation and vital signs;
- Phlebotomy skills and knowledge of basic CLIA-waived laboratory tests;
- Proficiency with EKGs, Nebulizer Treatments, Administration Allergy Immunotherapy;
- Experience and Training in IV Therapy;
- Knowledge of Adolescent and Adult Immunization requirements; and
- Experience with Electronic Health Records.
Preferred skills include but are not limited to: in-person and Telephonic Triage; experience and knowledge of unique needs of college students; experience with adolescent and adult ambulatory care practices, including patient flow, patient preparation, vital signs; phlebotomy; EKGs, IV management and nebulizer treatments; experience and knowledge of adolescent and adult immunizations; experience with allergy immunotherapy and electronic health records.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG184z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by:
October 30, 2018; this is a nonbinding date; this position may close at any time.