We are a small divorce mediation team and we help our client couples complete their divorce negotiations privately and peacefully without lawyers. We are based in California, but practice in multiple states and our clients work with us either face-to-face or in a virtual format.
We are seeking a part-time administrative assistant who is responsible, reliable and able to work independently and remotely (from home) Monday through Friday during the hours of 9am to 2pm Pacific time.
This is a long-term contract position.
- Schedule appointments with clients
- Set up new clients in our online file sharing system and CRM system
- Set up prospective clients who have booked a consultation
- Provide excellent customer service and support / respond to client emails and online inquiries
- Perform document set up and proofreading
- Perform client record creation and invoicing using QuickBooks Online
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Is professional, courteous, compassionate, and empathetic;
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Is extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated;
- Is able to respond and complete tasks quickly and accurately;
- Is a proactive, efficient and a creative problem-solver with strong day-to-day organizational skills;
- Is able to take ownership, prioritize, follow-up and see tasks through to completion;
- Is able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and enjoys working on a variety of tasks each day;
- Will respond to clients and prospective clients with a sense of urgency;
- Has a quiet home office environment with a computer for their own use only
- Is responsible, reliable and able to work remotely with limited or no supervision during the hours of 9am to 2pm Pacific time;
- Is based in Pacific, Mountain or Central time zone;
- Is based in the US.
Required Skills & Software
Proficiency in the following software and systems is required:
- The Microsoft Suite of Tools including: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Cloud-based file sharing systems – Box preferred, but Google Drive or Dropbox is fine
Working knowledge of the following software and systems is preferred:
- Cloud-based CRM systems – Saleforce.com preferred
- Cloud-based content management systems – HubSpot preferred
- Online chat programs - Olark a plus
- QuickBooks Online - preferred
Please also answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?
Describe your administrative experience
Do you have non-work commitments during the week that take priority? If, so what are the approximate times of those commitments?
What hours each day can you commit to being available to do work for us?
If the position grows in scope, are you available/interested in working more hours each day?
Describe your home office environment.
Is your computer Mac or Windows-based?
This position entails a variety of tasks. What is you preferred method of staying organized?
Please list out the technologies in this ad with which you have experience.
$20-25/hour commensurate with experience
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Administrative Support: 5 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)