The General Surgeon reports to the Program Manager and is supervised clinically by the designated site medical director. This setting may require the General Surgeon to coordinate with local hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate admission, monitor and arrange final disposition. In addition, this setting may require stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to medevac center or CONUS. The General Surgeon may have a leadership role (Site Medical Director).DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The General Surgeon will provide preoperative, operative, and post-operative management of patient care.
- May be required to assist in stabilization of patient and coordination of evacuation of patient to medevac center or CONUS.
- General Surgeons provide a US standard of care for our patient care/treatment model.
- All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.OTHER DUTIES
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- US State licenses are in good standing, are without restrictions, and are maintained current through the period of employment.
- US board certified or recent American Board of Surgery (ABS) qualified General Surgeon with interest, training and experience managing the full range of emergency surgical cases including vascular, neurologic, orthopedic and soft-tissue, as well as the full-range of general surgical cases including abdominal, urologic, vascular and soft-tissue.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recent completion of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or exceptional simulation training is desirable. Completion of a trauma fellowship will merit particular consideration.
- All healthcare providers must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 6 of the last 12 months in their career field. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel in Iraq is required by surface or air.
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Caliburn International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at www.caliburnintl.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time