Commercial Development Director, Poultry
Ascus Biosciences, with R&D headquarters in San Diego and offices globally, is focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing first-in-class microbial products for the animal health and nutrition industries. Founded in 2015, Ascus is pioneering the emerging science of the microbiome to illuminate the role that microbial communities play within livestock and companion animals and linking this role to health and performance. As a leader in animal microbial genomics, Ascus is able to provide the next generation of microbial feed additives and microbiology information, delivering microbial products and services that have a positive impact on farm profitability, environmental sustainability, and animal welfare.
About the Role: Poultry Commercial Director
The Poultry Commercial Director role involves working with nutritionists/veterinarians, distributors, and producers to help improve the health and productivity of their birds through the promotion and successful deployment of Ascus microbial products and services. We are looking for someone who is driven to their core, enjoys autonomy, exceeds their goals, and is excited about implementing transformational microbiome science & technology to farms for the benefit of growers, animals, and the consumer. A desire to join a meritocratic, high energy, deep science-obsessed, and small team that has significant growth potential is a must.
- Lead the development and execution of global business strategy for Ascus poultry products, with a primary emphasis on the North American poultry industry for the next 3 years.
- Oversee the development of Sales, Marketing, Strategic Pricing, and Customer Service strategies to maximize business profitability.
- Be active in the poultry sciences community and engage the various Key Opinion Leaders,
Promotional Channels, and Industry / Customer facing events to bring aware to the Ascus products, sciences, and solutions.
- Support the deployment and implementation of Ascus microbial feed additives and microbial sequencing products in the field with customers and partners
- Help support and match project development plans with internal and external R&D sources (e.g. field trials at CROs / academic institutions / research publications etc.)
Internal Partners and Collaborators
- Serve as a scientific and technical leader to the Ascus Product Discovery team on matters related to Poultry production, feed management, and veterinary medicine.
- Work effectively in a small and collaborative organization, including Sales, Marketing,
Supply Chain/Logistics, Product Discovery and Development, and other cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams on key account management and/or territory account management, including account planning and execution, and customer pain point debugging.
External Customer Solutions
- Be a critical resource during product launch by creating and delivering technical presentations to inform and educate industry influencers about Ascus’s scientific approach and commercial value proposition.
- Provide professional, timely and credible technical support and services to help solve customer problems, ensure proper handling and usage of product, and maintain exceptional relationships with producers, nutritionists, veterinarians and feed operators.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in poultry product/business development; 7-10 years experience preferred
- Ph.D. in Animal/Poultry Science or DVM with experience in commercialization of poultry products; experience in microbiology and molecular biology is highly desirable
- Experience launching new products is highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Execution experience and leadership
- Ownership mentality and results-driven approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think and act strategically and with purpose
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work within cross-functional teams
- Strong relationship building skills
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Remote workplace is acceptable
Ascus Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, bonus, benefits package and wellness program.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- poultry business development: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Work from home