Halal Compliance Manager:
ISA is searching for a select group of candidates who enjoy a wonderful and challenging work environment with the opportunity to expand one's business skills and professional development as the company continues to grow nationwide and throughout North America.
Established in 1975, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, ISA is the American pioneer in Halal Certification Services. This is historic, as Cedar Rapids, Iowa is also the home of the first and oldest continuous Mosque in North America. ISA’s founders envisioned the establishment of an organization dedicated to promoting the educational understanding of Islam. Decades of this vision and commitment to this mission have made ISA unique. ISA is recognized globally for its expertise, service, and integrity in halal certification services.
The Halal Compliance Manager is a critical position and is responsible for the overall compliance operations of ISA as it relates to the Halal Certification Process Flow Chart. The Halal Compliance Manager facilitates a clear, specific and efficient process flow ensuring both customer and internal responsibilities and expectations are understood and followed from beginning to end throughout the halal compliance business cycle. The position additionally includes responsibility over ISA's proprietary eHalal client systems software, daily usage of ISA's CRM program and ISA vendor management. The Halal Compliance Manager's role is to also anticipate, discuss and participate in problem solving for questions or issues that may arise in the course of daily business from contract adherence questions/issues, customer compliance software usage, team backup support, to vendor management.
Job Description Overview:
- To enable further development of the practices, procedures and overall Halal compliance services we provide to customers, consumers, Halal industry and the international governing authorities.
- Lead development and implementation of documented internal and external Halal compliance policies and procedures for new customer applications, service agreements, customer product reviews and certifications, customer facility audit inspections and certifications, production report systems and overall customer file documentation and tracking.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with new and existing customer contacts and companies, domestic and international Halal industry certification bodies and country-specific Halal oversight agencies (e.g. JAKIM, MUI, ESMA). Continually improve and develop existing halal compliance standard operation procedures to strengthen, cross train, and broaden scope of work and abilities of all ISA team members.
- Participate and attend in domestic and global conferences (virtual at this time), seminars, expos or trade events in conjunction with those who influence or impact the growth of the global Halal certification industry such as delegates, or government officials.
- This position is not currently responsible for the supervision of other team members but may do so in the near future.
- Degree in business management, business administration, regulatory compliance, food science, or a directly related field or industry
- Basic knowledge in Islamic fundamentals
- Fluency in foreign languages a plus - Arabic, French, Spanish, Bahasa, Urdu
- Valid driver’s license required and passport (preferred)
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a related field
- 5 years of management experience in a related field (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exudes a solutions-oriented mindset to daily and complex business matters
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment with individuals in varying geographic locations and time zones
- Adheres to a high degree of integrity, trust, respect, and kindness to coworkers at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
Bottom line, we hire few and focus on building a world class team of people who care about integrity in service and dedication to process. Skills are great, a can-do attitude is essential, but belief in making a positive difference is what we are all about! Life is short, enjoy what you do in your career and be great at it, so when you're with family and friends they are all that's on your mind.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $65,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
During the COVID-19 pandemic ISA has instituted varying remote (WFH) and flexible work at office schedules. Travel is not a normal or regular requirement for this position. Office visits are limited and enhanced cleaning procedures instituted.
- Compliance Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Relations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- Bahasa (Preferred)
- Urdu (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19