Flatbush Development Corporation (FDC) is dedicated to meeting the needs of a diverse and vibrant Brooklyn community. FDC identifies and responds to these needs by creating programs, campaigns, and partnerships through economic development, housing, youth, immigration and other initiatives that promote enhanced quality of life, safety, and preservation of our neighborhood.
- Provide children assigned to their group a safe and healthy environment.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of program community and equipment.
- Daily supervision of children ensuring all an enjoyable and beneficial experience, both in the FDC community and on field trips.
- Leading activities in assigned program areas, motivating children to participate in an “organized” and safe activity.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed daily of any concerns or problems concerning children and facilities.
- Follow all guidelines regarding trips and travel.
- Adhere to all FDC Program standards.
- Attend 30 hours of pre-program staff training.
- Fully support learning initiatives.
- Participate in planning/implementation of special activities such a theme day, field trips and program activities.
- Perform specific scheduled duties during arrival, lunch, and departure.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of work experience.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Counselor”.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- working with children: 1 year
- High school or equivalent