Cornerstone is expanding the Palliative Care team and is seeking a weekend ARNP to provide Palliative services to patients at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday; 8am – 8pm
- Performs bedside palliative care patient/family evaluation.
- Provides direct patient care for management of symptoms related to life-limiting conditions as requested.
- Collaborates with the Palliative Care Physician and Attending Physician on the medical aspects of care for the patient.
- Prescribes medications for pain and symptom management to the extent delegated and licensed.
- Orders treatments and durable medical equipment as indicated.
- Communicates with palliative care physician as needed; informs primary care physician of services provided and collaborates with other physicians as needed.
- Assists in the care coordination for palliative care referrals.
- Provides full and appropriate documentation of patient care services to support professional billing for these services.
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations and Cornerstone Hospice protocols with respect to collaborative agreements.
- Provides training and continuing education for staff.
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state of Florida.
- One (1) years’ experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and required auto liability insurance.
Degree of Travel
Daily visits to assigned hospital and periodic office meetings.
Cornerstone Hospice has been a licensed not-for-profit Hospice since 1984. We value our employees and offer competitive compensation, full benefits package, 403b plan match, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement program, and learning resources to be successful in your career, plus more!
Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived, race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm