The Production Manager position provides a high level of responsibility, accountability, and visibility. This role has overall responsibility for the performance of the plant, including safety, quality, cost, productivity, and customer service. Reporting directly to this role are the supervisors/leaders of manufacturing, but must work collaboratively with supporting departments in quality, supply chain and the maintenance teams to deliver desired business results. Collaborates with key members of the Plant Management team and the leaders of Quality, Maintenance, Facilities and Safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Management of Tableting and Packaging Departments in a new manufacturing facility and be responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing/packaging process, including, safety, quality, cost, productivity, scheduling, and customer service.
● Execution of strategy and annual goals and objectives for the plant that align to the overall business direction.
● Achieving of all Key Performance Indicators on the Plant Scorecard for the below-mentioned areas:
● Create a safe, healthy, and positive working environment for all associates working at this plant.
● Establish and maintain the highest quality standards for each Manufacturing process, as well as for all finished products shipped to every customer.
● Establish and maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Production and Packaging of solid dosage nutraceuticals.
● Meet customer delivery commitments on time, first time, every time.
● Operate the plant in a highly productive, cost-effective manner.
● Creation, implementation, and improvement of Daily Management systems, including Safety, Production Performance measures, Set Ups/Changeovers, Quality Defect Elimination, etc.
● Lead the Daily Management systems to ensure high levels of quality, problem identification, root cause investigation and resolution, productivity, and associate involvement and ownership, including:
● Daily Direction Setting shift meetings.
● Team meetings and operating reviews.
● Visual management and on-line reporting.
● Provide local support and resources to Product Development/Formulation activities, including new product launches.
● May be required to perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises work of others including planning, assigning schedule, and reviewing staffing and work, while maintaining quality standards. Ensuring that production performance measurements are in place and being met regarding standards and expected outputs. Is responsible for hiring, terminating, training, and developing, reviewing performance, and administering corrective action for staff. Plans organizational structure and job content.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
● Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in related field or related experience preferred.
● Five plus years of production or plant supervisor experience in a Pharmaceutical or GMP/OTC Manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Designs workflows and procedures, along with demonstrating attention to detail.
● Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
● Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
● Skillfully gathers and analyzes information.
● Exhibits sound judgment.
● Prioritizes and uses time effectively.
● Manages competing demands.
● Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
● Solid dose Packaging equipment knowledge preferred.
● Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays professionalism.
● Advanced communication skills with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees.
● Able to read and analyze complex documents with the ability to write reports, investigation summaries, business correspondence and manuals.
● Intermediate/Advanced skills with the ability to apply mathematical concepts.
● Inspires and motives other to perform well, effectively communicates changes, and develops subordinate’s skills and encourages growth.
● Delegates work assignments by setting expectations and monitoring activities.
● Demonstrates self-management by consistently being at work on time, takes responsibility for own actions, takes initiative, and meets productivity standards.
● Adapts well to change.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
We are committed to a safe and nurturing workplace that honors the work of each of our associates and appreciates that each member of our team offers a unique contribution to our collective success.
If you enjoy working in this type of environment and want a challenging and exciting position, this may be the opportunity for you. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K, PTO, and holiday pay. For more product and company information, please visit www.hylands.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice to Job Applicants: https://hylands.com/pages/job-applicant-notice
Our Company has a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate.
In accordance with California law, the expected salary range for this position is between $110,000 and $130,000 per year. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience, skills, and other factors as permitted by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90061: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- OTC Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Solid Dose Packaging: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manager in Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person