TOGETHER WE PROTECT AND SECURE WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ORGANIZATIONS & ENTERPRISES
Have you ever wondered what it takes to provide comprehensive cybersecurity to the world’s largest, and most demanding organizations? Thales is a global leader in data protection and cybersecurity. We provide solutions for defense, critical infrastructure and telecommunication operators, industrial and financial companies. We provide best in class security practices in consulting, professional services, design, implementation and other security services, as well as managed security services based on our network of Security Operation Centers in France, the UK and Netherlands.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer - Automation to join our team. The Software Engineer will be instrumental in implementation of software automation framework and performing DevOPS activities. The primary objective is to reduce time to market and drive productivity improvements by the application of automation for all stages of software testing as well as systems and solution testing.
The senior software automation engineer with minimal supervision will work closely with engineering managers, IT Team, software and test engineers to ensure timely delivery of quality products and support throughout the lifecycle.
Skills and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of Continuous Delivery practices (build, test & release pipeline system design and infrastructure)
- Experience in set up and maintenance of continuous build and test management tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Development and maintenance of automated Continuous Integration and Release Systems
- Implementing software automation framework for management platform and adding to test coverage
- Tailor our infrastructure and tool stack to the needs of the software, test & release engineering teams
- Install new tools, develop and maintain scripts on Jenkins, Puppet, and POSIX systems
- Improve reliability, stability and performance of the existing automated build and test systems
- Ensuring compliance to company methodology and formal quality systems
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned
- 2-4 years’ experience in automation testing and design
- DevOps Experience (with more focus in Cloud - AWS and Azure)
- Understanding of modern R&D development practices including Agile SCRUM
- Strong skills in implementing test automation frameworks and adding to test coverage using Python.
- Experience with virtualization technologies – VMWare and Containers
- Strong coding experience in Shell Scripting and Powershell scripting
- Good knowledge of SVN and GIT software configuration mgmt
- Good debugging, problem solving and testing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering) Master’s degree a plus
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.