Sr. Software Development Engineer (III)
Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 100+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we've remained family owned and operated while pioneering the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we've been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 9,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don't take our word for it—head to Glassdoor ( https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Subsplash-EI_IE949698.11,20.htm ) and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Subsplash Product Team is responsible for all products that the company develops including the App Platform and Merchant Services. We are a team of designers, developers, and coordinators, creating polished experiences for our clients and end users. The Product Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: End-User Mobile Apps, the Subsplash Dashboard (our Content Management System), Subsplash Giving (Our Donation and Merchant Services Platform), the Web App, backend data feeds, analytics, and more. The Product Team supports our Clients by helping them maximize their revenue to fuel their mission and expand their reach.
About the Role
As a Software Development Engineer III, you will report to the Software Development Manager (Backend) and be based in our Wenatchee, Washington office. You will work closely with Designers, Project Managers and other Engineers to build systems that people want to use. You recognize the importance of stability and uptime for web services and financial software systems. You are cautious and contemplative with architectural decisions, working alongside others to deliver secure, stable, and elegant solutions. You enjoy reviewing other team member's work and receiving constructive feedback as well. You treat security concerns as first-class citizens and will help coach others to understand industry best practices.
- 10+ years of full-time programming experience in a group/team environment
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience and proficiency making architectural decisions both in expanding existing projects and planning/implementing new systems
- Significant experience with server-side web technologies (Examples: Unix/Linux, PHP, Golang, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Networking and Network Security proficiency
- Experience protecting against security risks such as XSS, SQL Injection, appropriate use of SSL, session hijacking etc.
- Embraces the Agile and feature-driven development processes
- Able to prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and bug fixes
- Masters or MBA in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with Golang, Microservice architecture, NGINX, Redis, and PHP
- Extensive knowledge of jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JSON, and cross-browser compatibility
- Solid understanding of OAuth2
- Hands-on experience with AWS or similar hosting providers
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, LEAN, and SOLID
- Knowledge of data security best practices related to PCI/DSS/CISP/HIPAA
- Passionate: You demonstrate our core values of Humility, Innovation, and Excellence
- Trustworthy: You understand the importance of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Efficient: You naturally have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- A Communicator: You have a knack for clear and concise communication
- A Driver: You are smart, persistent, and not easily blocked
- Team-Oriented: You love your Designer, because technical architecture only matters if people want to use the tools and you love your Project Manager, because great software doesn't count if it never ships.
- A Learner: You are committed to staying current with new technologies and industry trends.
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, Employer Matching 401k, Generous HSA Contribution, Free Smoothies and Snacks, Optional Work-From-Home Thursdays, Public Transportation Subsidy
This position is classified as Full-time/Exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay.
Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee's right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and;
Employment with Subsplash is considered "at will," meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.