Ei Companies is a leading Green building, energy efficiency consulting and quality assurance firm servicing Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Texas and Utah with a team of over 250 employees. For 13 consecutive years (2007 – 2019) Energy Inspectors has been honored as the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – the highest award that can be bestowed on an organization in our industry. We have also been recognized by the EPA for our pioneering efforts with the National Leadership Awards for Indoor Air Quality and the WaterSense® Partner of the Year awards for overall excellence in the water-efficiency arena.
Oversees architectural production staff design work for multiple projects at once. Approves the work of design staff and may serve as a designer for more complex or larger projects. Presents designs to clients to ensure satisfaction; makes revisions as necessary. Develops project budgets and work schedules; approves estimates.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Provides regular and ongoing feedback to team members. Participates in and provides input to personnel reviews.
- Proactively addresses the technical quality issues and knowledge base of the team through the development of processes, identifying and providing needed training, and addressing individual performance issues.
- Participates in the interview and selection and termination process for positions within their discipline.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to identify workload issues and adjust team assignments as appropriate.
- Performs as a leader, a role model, and a mentor in conveying Ei Design Inc. core values, policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Work to develop Project Managers to provide quality control and to work effectively with production.
- Compiles a master schedule and ensures proper utilization of the office’s facilities and personnel for the completion of projects.
- Understands each employee’s capabilities to ensure appropriate assignment of tasks and responsibilities.
- Coordinates with discipline leads, Project Managers and Production Managers throughout all offices to ensure consistency of processes and deliverables.
- Assists Project Managers in the completion of projects within time and budget constraints.
- Proactively addresses timing and scheduling issues which arise when deadlines and/or staffing levels adjust.
- Projects future workloads and determines staffing capabilities and needs.
- Provides input regarding all facets of the production process.
- Identifies areas of improvement within established processes and helps implement revisions when needed.
- Works with business development in assisting with marketing materials and help with bringing new clients and leads.
- Attends events for the purpose of new business and leads.
- Writes proposals for new projects and develops proposal standards.
- Assists upper management with new business plans and clients strategies.
- Evaluates existing clients to see if they are profitable and efficient.
- Develops standards to create internal efficiencies for all aspects of the business.
- Creates job descriptions and ensure they are distributed to the team and adhered to.
- Can be counted on to manage any program in the office if overflow management is required.
- Attends client meetings and is a representative of Ei Design Inc.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and an Architect’s License.
- Minimum of 5 years of Architecture experience
- Necessary to understand and manage the overall departmental function.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, vision, group term life, short-term disability, voluntary life, ancillary guardian products
- Vacation, sick time, and bereavement time off
- Profit sharing
AAP/EEO Statement – Ei Companies’ does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Architecture: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement