SLAM and Path Planning Robotics Engineer
At Airspace Systems, we are looking for top-notch passionate engineers to shape the technology that would power our flying robots. Join us and together we will make this exciting future a reality!
We hire seasoned and talented software developers that bring years of experience in software design and development. We maintain a fun, collaborative and flat work environment. If you are a highly motivated team-player that enjoys working with a top notch team of engineers, please APPLY!
We are looking for an engineer who's excited to work in the multi-copter autonomous drone (UAV) space. We would expect the candidate to have extensive knowledge and experience in the visual-inertial odometry space, including knowledge of SLAM or similar algorithms for estimating ego-location using possibly stereo and IMU's among other sensor modalities. Ideally, the candidate would play a leading role in developing this technology. We expect the candidate to have a degree in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Computer Vision, Robotics or a related field. The candidate should have experience integrating multiple sensor modalities to achieve environmental understanding. Furthermore, the candidate should have an understanding of the research space in relation to this field.
Must Have Experience
- Master's or greater in Robotics, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence or related field
- Experience with Visual-Inertial Odometry pipeline
- Safe, Probabilistic Path Planning
- Familiarity with SLAM or similar algorithms
- OpenCV familiarity
- C / C++ / Python
- Linux environment
- Natural Coder that has worked with several high performing teams.
- Self-motivated and independent - comfortable with constructively challenging consensus, overcoming problems and developing innovative solutions.
Good to have
- Ph.D. degree in Robotics, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence or related field
- 3 years Industry Experience
- Prior work developing said systems for industrial use
- Lidar / Radar familiarity
- Stereo Platform development and integration
- Familiarity with high quality IMU's and their calibration
- Drones, Drones, Drones