A TGI Fridays Prep Cook prepares a wide variety of foods according to recipe requirements and to adhere to product sensitivities and plate presentation. To ensure that all prepared food meets TGI Fridays food safety and quality standards.
Specific responsibilities of the Prep include:
- Ensures that all prepared food meets TGI Fridays standard of excellence, 100% recipe adherence, and adheres to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Complies with all food safety rules, laws, protocols, and standards.
- Keeps updated on recipe changes.
- Ensures proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product.
- Keeps entire prep area clean; stocks and sets up rotation.
- Keeps prepared food continuously stocked on the line.
- Communicates to management team when running low on product.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of station. Breaks down and cleans prep area, walk-ins and freezers thoroughly daily.
- Assists with Line Checks and ensures every product in the prep area, walk-ins, and freezers is within sensitivity guidelines and adheres to food safety standards.
- Requisitions products on a timely basis.
- Operates and maintains equipment properly.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks products to par.
- Labels, day dots and signs all products as appropriate.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
A TGI Fridays Prep Cook must be able to perform multiple tasks, while maintaining standards in high volume, fast-paced environment.
Additional specific requirements for the Prep Cook include:
- Must produce items exactly according to recipe to ensure guest satisfaction and control food costs in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Must follow food handling and sanitation procedures to control food costs and ensure overall safety
- Must be able to hear kitchen, window person and/or Manager requests in the midst of loud background noise
- Must be able to stand, move and walk for entire shift
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently
- Must be able to lift and carry sacks and cases of up to 70 lbs., up to 20 times per shift: places these items on high shelves and in walk-in freezers
- Must be able to work frequently in a hot and damp environment
- Must be able to occasionally work in extremely cold temperatures in walk in freezer
- Must be able to use hands 99% of the time