Global Education Placement Services, an educational advising and placement agency based in West Los Angeles, California (close to UCLA), is seeking an Executive Assistant for our office. We work with international students seeking educational opportunities in the United States, helping them navigate the American education system and assisting them with the application process. Candidates should be comfortable with interaction with international students as well as with Directors of Admission and Program Chairs at colleges and universities. Candidates should also be knowledgeable about every stage of the undergraduate and graduate application processes. If you have extensive knowledge of various college programs at universities across the country, it would be a big plus.
There are three general categories of roles and responsibilities for this position:
- Academic Processor and Liaison. Candidates will be assisting in the processing of international university applications, reaching out to various universities to advocate for our students, and assist with any supplemental documents required. Candidates will be following up and monitoring the process of applications, ensuring that all deadlines are met and all materials submitted. Candidates will also be required to conduct research, to assist students in finding the best universities for their desired careers as well as qualifications.
- Test Proctor and Administrator. We are a testing center facilitating tests such as the TOEFL, CLEP, DSST, Pearson Vue Tests, iTEP, BYUIS, and more. Candidates will learn the process from start to finish for these tests, and proctor tests for testers coming into our center. The candidate will also be expected to handle scheduling when relevant, and ensuring that facilities and processes are up to testing standards.
- Office Executive Assistant. Our director will be requiring assistance handling the day to day tasks of the office from community outreach in the academic industry, partnership negotiations, scheduling, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree or in Pursuit of Academic Advancement.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Communication skills.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Time management skills.
- Internet and technology savvy.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Suites and Google Docs.
- Organizational skills.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a short description of why you are seeking this particular position, and how you would be a good fit for our company and the role. Please submit a resume.
*Pay is based off Education & Experience*
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)