Our professional approach to solutions in this industry has enabled us to expand into a successful organization. Our mission is abstinence-based recovery. Our vision is to lead the way in the provision of evidence based, integrated substance abuse, mental health and physical health services, utilizing current and innovative therapies and emerging medical protocols to help individuals to enter a life free from addiction. Our goal is to stop the use of drugs and alcohol, stop high risk behavior, and promote recovery from an addiction filled lifestyle. We reward hard work with opportunities for growth and development. If you are looking for a career to join a growing organization and make a difference in people’s lives, then this may be just the place for you. Currently, we have an opening for:
Therapist- P/T Weekends
Substance Abuse Treatment Center located in Stuart, FL is seeking a P/T weekend Therapist 16-24 hrs per week with the possibility of a weekday shift. The Therapist is responsible for performing a wide variety of client care activities as directed by the Executive Director. They will be responsible for client caseload and will provide group, individual, and family therapy sessions and case management. May conduct psychosocial and bio-psychosocial assessments. Collaborates with the Treatment Team to formulate the Master Treatment Plan, and assists in coordinating discharge planning.
- Review assessments from referring facilities and note problems/issues that require further attention
- Contact referral source and other key individuals to gather additional information as necessary
- Gather comprehensive diagnostic information through psychosocial assessment interview
- Develop an Integrated Summary, bringing together information from all assessments to identify problem areas that may affect treatment and/or need to be addressed in treatment planning
- Develop a comprehensive problem list that reflects client’s individual issues as described in the assessments and Integrated Summary
- During first session with client, review initial treatment plan, including case management issues and be sure that client and staff assignments and responsibilities are understood and in progress
- Formulate a comprehensive treatment plan with client that effectively addresses client issues and is completed within established time frames
- Develop clearly stated treatment goals and objectives that are measurable
- Develop interventions that will accomplish goals and objectives and state the planned frequency of interventions
- Participate effectively in multidisciplinary treatment plan reviews, demonstrating adequate preparation and understanding of client issues, progress, areas of resistance, positive and negative strategies, etc.
- Document the client’s progress accurately as it relates to treatment goals and objectives
- Continue treatment planning process throughout client’s stay in treatment, opening new problems and developing or revising treatment plans as necessary
- Assist clients in gaining group process skills
- Track client’s clinical problems in group
- Address problem behaviors
- Utilize experiential techniques effectively
- Create atmosphere in which self-disclosure is facilitated
- Conduct educational groups (lectures/videos/discussions) effectively
- Adhere to time schedules
- Provide individual counseling to clients at least one (1) times per week
- Assist clients gain insight into problems
- Assist clients in understand treatment goals
- Give client a clear picture of where he/she stands with regard to progress toward recovery as seen by the therapist and the multidisciplinary treatment team
- Enforce program rules and regulations in a firm but fair manner
- Confront counter-productive behavior appropriately
- Bond with clients and elicit respect
- Adapt to different types of clients
- Identify client strengths and weaknesses
- Maintain healthy boundaries
- Understand and apply the program’s clinical philosophy
- Maintain regular contact and open communication with families
- Assist families in identifying the problems and issues they need to work on
- Assist families in finding resources to help themselves
- Link client with internal and external resources as needed to meet client needs
- Maintain contact with referral source and other key individuals
- Assist client in managing outside stressors (legal, financial, vocational, etc.) according to the best interests of the client’s progress in recovery
- Be effective in finding needed resources
- Maintain clinical records according to program policies and those of licensing and accrediting agencies
- Ensure that documentation is timely, consistent, clear and articulate
- Keep clinical records secure at all times
- Use good clinical judgment in moving client through treatment levels
- Prepare client to maintain recovery post-discharge
- Develop a discharge plan that meets client needs for ongoing support
- Accept and utilize supervision
- Address problems noted by supervisor
- Communicate with supervisor and keep supervisor informed of significant case developments
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities and contribute to the welfare of the organization
- Pursue professional development through participation in education and training programs
- Have good work habits: get things done in a timely, efficient manner
- Function well as a team member and contribute positively to the morale of staff
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Maintain good communication
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in licensed health care / recovery field with clinical experience.
- Experience in addictive disease treatment program therapy.
- Intermediate computer skills and familiarity with electronic medical record a plus
- LCSW, LMHC, LMFT is required and must be valid at time of interview.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid Certified Required
- Knowledge of DCF Rules and Regulations, Knowledge of JCAHO standards.
- Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Patient -Confidentiality laws.
- Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
- Knowledge of Workplace Violence.
- Experience working with adults and young adults
- Knowledge of 12-step program
Education Level: Master’s degree in psychology or social work or related field
- Working in a temperature controlled environment; 80%-90% of the time spent indoors
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Ability to work independently
- Normal workplace hazards
Come make a difference in someone’s life. Thank you for considering us for your next employment.
“We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer"
Job Type: Part-time