Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for driving and developing new features for the Glassdoor's Site Discovery Team. You will utilize your skills building rich, interactive user experiences using cutting-edge technologies. You will partner closely with Product and Design and other engineers to create a personalized and engaging Glassdoor experience in an agile environment. This brand new team would be responsible for providing unique discovery experiences personalized for our users.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing rich, dynamic experiences that drive long-term loyalty. You are passionate about creating and delivering high-quality, maintainable UI code in a fast-paced environment. You lean more towards front-end development but are comfortable maintaining and changing a few back-end services if and when you need to support your front-end features.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high visibility websites
- Proficiency in build toolings and ability to write custom webpack plugins
- Proficiency in building responsive and performant web applications
- Experience developing server-side MVC applications
- Working with Apollo Clients and interacting with GraphQL/Rest based service backends.
- Continual learning of emerging technologies/industry trends — Service Workers, React Lazy, Suspense, Intersection Observers etc.
- Energized and excited by challenging projects that is reflected in a drive to deliver.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate (verbally and written) technical issues in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner with both technical and non-technical peers
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.