THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION LASTING 3-6 MONTHS.
Referral Specialist Job Summary:
- Handles incoming requests for patient placement, referrals for new orders and refills, and/or requests for services.
- Receives and verifies requests and referrals, initiates insurance verification and gathers all information necessary for pre-certifications, authorizations, and certificates of medical necessity, while ensuring that each patient meets admission criteria.
- Provides on-going follow-up of requests up to, and following, patient discharge.
- Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, families, and coordinating resources regarding provision of products and services, reimbursement and patient financial responsibility.
- Records patient intake and insurance information and authorization requirements and notes in the computer systems.
- Coordinates requested services, products, and referrals with pharmacy warehouse, clinical staff, as well as service and equipment providers, as appropriate.
- Facilitates problem solving with patients, hospitals, providers, referral sources, insurance companies, and clinical staff.
- Assists in the maintenance and communication of changing payer and referral source information specific to coordination of patient needs.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Prior Authorizations: 2 years
- Referrals: 2 years