LUMIERE PLACE CASINO & HOTELS
Provide general supervision or direct supervision in the absence of the Sous Chef to kitchen staff in order to ensure food quality, presentation and service standards and are met and surpassed.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with external and internal customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers
2. Reads food orders from computer printouts, and prepares food items according to established menu plans.
3. Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing them with utensils.
4. Observes and enforces Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature, and cleanliness of work environment.
5. Provide general supervision to kitchen staff ensuring work procedures, quality standards and menu specifications are adhered to.
6. Maintain control of the kitchen to ensure staffing levels are appropriate based on business volumes.
7. Uses and maintains all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe and effective manner.
8. Coordinates and communicates on orders with dining room staff.
9. Prepares all food items accurately in a timely manner.
10. Completes all assigned prep items as written on prep sheet.
11. Assist other team members as needed.
12. Completes other duties as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare a wide variety of food items, to standard, in a high-volume, fast-paced operation.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the application of sanitation procedures.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through at least 3-years experience directly related to the accountabilities specified.