JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE:
Digital is a rapidly growing and critical area at Dollar Bank. The VP of Digital Product Management will be responsible for helping to plan, create, and execute the digital strategy across the bank’s lines of business. This person will create and manage the roadmaps for all digital platforms (mobile & online) and lead all components of the product life cycle for digital platforms, services, and features. Responsibilities also include working with the marketing, technology, customer service, legal, accounting, risk, and other areas of the bank to ensure clear communications and timely issue resolution to deliver continual improvement for our digital efforts.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES / OBJECTIVES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Technology, or a related discipline required;
- 8-10+ years of product management experience in the digital/mobile space including developing and delivering on digital/mobile strategy initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in an online product management role driving the development and implementation of online strategies.
- Proven ability to develop product roadmaps, define requirements and lead implementation efforts successfully.
- Demonstrated experience guiding online/mobile user design experiences.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects.
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills, critical thinking, and ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrated communications, interpersonal, and relationship management skills; ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team and lead across the organization at multiple levels.
- Ability to influence diverse, cross functional team to success without direct authority over the team.
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Passion for customers and a demonstrated focus on customer experience.
- Personal computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office programs – and the demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software/systems.
- Strong thought leadership required to manage the development and growth of products.
- Manage overall customer experience for the digital products and services assigned and provide strategic direction and drive enhancements via 1-3 yr roadmaps.
- Develop strategic roadmap based on in-depth understanding of (1) voice of the customer; (2) competitive analysis; (3) profitability; (4) product life cycle; and (5) vendor/platform capabilities.
- Partner with retail and business banking teams to create and use digital assets to help the businesses achieve their objectives.
- Work with project managers to oversee a portfolio of projects to provide for the digital needs of customers and prospective customers.
- Develop and manage annual Key Performance Indicators for assigned digital products and provide monthly digital scorecard and analysis that tracks results monthly for adoption and growth.
- Partner with Marketing for adoption & acquisition support, product positioning, promotion of digital products and services and onboarding activities.
- Act as the SME to understand all aspects of the internal and external environment including customer met/unmet digital needs through research efforts, in-depth understanding of voice of the customer, industry trends, vendor/platform capabilities and best practices for servicing the digital needs of our customers.
- Continuously assess & report on competitive moves and monitor digital platform performance against objectives.
- Develop business cases and perform cost/benefit analysis as needed to secure funding for enhancements and initiatives.
- Present data, strategies and recommendations to senior management to build buy-in to strategic recommendations including new services, updates to existing services, and retiring existing services.
- Prioritize product requirements and coordinate release plans with IT and key constituents.
- Act as the Chair person for the cross functional Internet Committee.
- Serve as primary business point of contact & decision maker for implementation activities and work closely across key constituents to meet scheduled milestones.
- Document high level descriptions and detailed business requirements to enable resource estimates from technology and QA teams.