Responsible for all functions pertaining to the installation, repairs and maintenance of all plant electrical and mechanical components. This position will reside in Indiana. Relocation is available for this role.
- Works closely with the operation manager of the facility to ensure that plant availability is maintained to an acceptable level and continuously improved.
- Develops maintenance procedures for the facility including, but not limited to, overhead electrical crane, baghouse, specialized equipment, hydraulic systems, hv motors, magnets, oxygen and gas equipment.
- Develops and coordinates the activities of the maintenance workforce to ensure that equipment is maintained or repaired in accordance with maintenance standards.
- Oversees, in conjunction with the Operations Manager, the maintenance and engineering of the facility by coordinating the activities of contractors and working closely with corporate headquarters.
- Develops work schedules for the maintenance workforce
- Diagnoses/fault-finds equipment and supervises and participates in the repair so as to ensure high reliability of all equipment.
- Interviews, selects, train and develops hourly maintenance workforce.
- Oversees the operations (productions and maintenance) in the absence of the Site Manager.
- Participates in the department’s Health and Safety at Work program by developing safe working practices and ensuring adherence to procedures at all times.
- Recommends, develops improvements in conjunction with Levy Engineering to the process that either improves downtime or reduces operational costs.
- Develops and maintains, in conjunction with direct reports and site administration department, necessary records pertaining to maintenance, inventory, training, safety etc.
- Assists in the development of projects and other business opportunities as they occur.
- Travels internationally to train and observe the construction of key components for the facility.
- Assists in the selection of necessary equipment, supplies and sub-contractors to ensure key strategic parts are always available.
- Assists the manager in developing, controlling and improving the budget for the facility.
- Assists the Site Manager in resolving problems relating to grievances, customer relations, safety or other managerial issues.
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills, knowledge, experience)
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical maintenance experience
- Ability to read, diagnose, amend and fault-find PLC Systems
- Experience working with automated systems controlled by PLCs
- Prepared to be “hands on” engineer not just a supervisor
- Experience working with oxygen and gas equipment
- Prepared to work in a 24 hour/ day operation where “call outs” will occur
- Must be computer literate
- Detailed knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems
- Experience in the steel industry in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of Oracle EAM system
- Prepared to travel for short periods
- Experience in a union environment
- Must speak English (language or other language skills a plus)
- Must be willing to work in an industrial setting
- Able to travel occasionally with extended stays including internationally
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Using hands to manipulate tools
- Standing, walking for extended periods of time
- Tolerating noise and temperature variations
- Crawling, bending, kneeling, stooping, and climbing.
- Working at elevated heights
- Manipulating components in hard to reach places with hands and tools
Job Type: Full-time
- oxygen and gas equipment: 3 years (Preferred)
- mechanical and electrical maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- PLC systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- computer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement