Honda Center is seeking a creative and qualified individual to support the Media & Communications department, with a focus on the day-to-day operational aspects of social advertising for Honda Center’s social media channels. The position’s primary goals include working with the Media & Communications Manager on ideas to cultivate fan engagement, planning and crafting social media posts/campaigns, and optimizing social media campaign performance. The Social Media Coordinator will work cross-functionally with Marketing on promotions development, and will be responsible for proactively monitoring campaign performance to determine when changes are required to meet goals. In addition, the Social Media Coordinator will provide daily performance, follower, and engagement updates across all social media channels.
We are looking for an experienced contributor passionate about social media, innovative brand communication, the entertainment industry, and social communities. This role will help refine and execute strategies to promote upcoming events online, grow our social channels, increase content reach and engagement, leverage user generated content, and optimize social spend. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, with a proven record of accomplishment of large-scale community development efforts and social media marketing in the entertainment industry.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Write, edit and update content for the Honda Center social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Maintain communication with fans/followers on Honda Center social media sites and increase the number of fans/followers
Track and analyze social media performance and provide reports to Department
Track key performance indicators (KPI) across channels that support organizational goals of measuring the efficacy of social interaction and proving ROI including fan engagement, lead conversion, social advertising effectiveness, and sentiment as well as identification of areas of improvement.
Act as public-facing representative of Honda Center and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and in person
Real time coverage of Honda Center events. Includes shooting, editing and publishing video/photo on social media sites
Use social media for marketing purposes for Honda Center events; create promotional contests to accomplish marketing objectives
Pitch video feature ideas for social media accounts
- Maintain daily and weekly social media production and social marketing calendars
- Identify and infiltrate new social networks in key market areas
- Assist other departments with relative work as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-3 years proven online marketing and social media experience along with video production experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior written and verbal skills, editorial judgment and knowledge of digital culture.
- Immersed in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and others), blog reader/writer/publisher
- Must possess basic photo, audio and video editing skills. Experience with Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Audacity or Soundcloud, a plus.
- Deadline-oriented; experience at getting projects done quickly, with high standards of quality
- Intense passion for growing the social media aspects of the business
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required
- Passionate about the entertainment industry and pop culture
- Candidate may be required to provide specific examples of their work
- Advanced degrees in communication, journalism, marketing or related field
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube Certified)
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
Experience with social scheduling and analysis applications such as Sprout Social or buffer; Facebook Custom Audiences, Twitter advertising and TrackMaven, a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.