Harbor Computer Services is an award-winning small IT firm with a focus on small and medium businesses. Our clients expect a high level of customer service and guidance for their business. They are fast, modern and value their technology highly. We look for staff that is self-motivated and with a desire to take ownership and responsibility for the clients businesses they serve.
We specialize in being the IT department for small businesses. Our clients range from 2 - 100 users. Some have multiple locations. Some are fully in the cloud. As the IT department we are responsible for anything with a power button. We are also responsible for leading the technical direction at the company. Our clients look to us to guide them in making technology decisions that will help them best the competition and reach their corporate goals. This job requires a wide variety of skills and every day you will learn something new. You must be mature enough to set your own schedule and take responsibility for these networks as if those businesses are your own.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will perform the work of an IT administrator and engineer with an additional focus on Office 365. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding and experience in implementing servers, and but will also be a people person that enjoys working with the end user. In Office 365 you will take on tasks that include security, migration, compliance, user add/removes, end-user application training, business process modification and Azure integration. You should know all of the applications included in the enterprise plans.
You will be assigned a number of clients where you will perform standard IT administrator and helpdesk tasks. Everyday you will have to apply your existing knowledge to new challenges.
You will work from home, from client locations and from our main office. We regularly train together as a group on Tuesday evenings until 7pm. So you must be available on that evening twice a month. Otherwise the daily schedule is 8:30 - 5:30 pm with occasional out of band worked as required by the individual project or task.
Qualifications and Skills
- Office 365 experience in depth
- 5+ years IT experience with evidence of interest in cloud technologies
- Broad range of general IT experience
- Shows an interest in current and future technology
- Windows 10 experience, Server configuration, RDS configuration
- Pluses include: certifications, server 2016, Azure, Microsoft 365, Microsoft cloud phone system and previous work in a consulting firm
BENEFITS LIST AND ELIGIBILITY POLICY
- New Employment Probation Period. Employees are not eligible for benefits listed in this policy until the probationary period defined in the employment agreement is completed. Thereafter the schedule in the rest of this policy shall apply.
- Employee Health Insurance. Employee is eligible for health insurance following the completion of the employment probationary period. The insurance plan is the same for all employees and paid 100% by the corporation.
- Employee Health Savings Account. Employee is eligible for a Health Savings Account only if participating in the Health Insurance provided by the corporation. The Health Savings Account shall be populated with $1000 annual for the employee deposited through the payroll system each pay period.
- Vacation . Employee is eligible for 10 days of paid vacation time annually. Days off must be requested in advance and populated onto the corporate shared calendar. Days off are subject to approval by management. After 5 years of continuous employment days off increase to 15 per year. In any case no more than 10 days may be taken in sequence.
- Personal and Sick Days. Employee is eligible for up to 5 sick days per year and 2 personal days. Employee is responsible for notifying management of time taken and this time must be populated onto the corporate shared calendar.
- Employee Retirement Plan. Employee is eligible to participate in the corporate retirement plan beginning at the open enrollment one calendar year following start of employment. Open enrollment is currently in January.
- Spouse and Dependent Children Health Insurance. Spouse and dependent children are eligible for health insurance following one year of continuous employment by Employee subject to the insurance open enrollment period. The insurance is paid 100% by the corporation. Prior to the beginning of this benefit, the employee may purchase health insurance through the corporate plan.
- Spouse and Dependent Children Health Savings Account. The employee may contribute additional pre-tax dollars into the HSA account following spouse and dependent children eligibility according to the rules of the program.
- Expense Reimbursement. As a regular part of employment, employee may incur expenses directly related to carrying out their duties. Examples include parking lot fees or small parts. Employee should use the provided Expense form and submit it to accounting within 30 days of the month the expense was incurred. Expenses not submitted in the time frame will not be reimbursed.
- Mileage Allocation. As part of regular employment the employee will be driving to client locations. Rules for eligible mileage as managed by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Employee must track and submit their mileage on the form provided within 30 days of the month the mileage was driven. Mileage not submitted in the time frame will not be reimbursed.
- Additional Time Off. At the discretion of management additional days or hours off may be granted as a thank you for extraordinary effort and dedication.
- Holidays . The corporation recognizes a minimum of Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving as paid holidays. Additional paid holidays may be posted to the shared corporate calendar by management.
- Purchase Discounts. Employee is eligible to purchase equipment and software at cost for themselves, spouse and dependents once per quarter. Some purchase discounts are limited by the vendor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Network Administration: 5 years
Required work authorization: