In this role, you have the opportunity to
Oversee and organize both virtual and physical events that will make an impact to our target audiences. This role will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. Additionally, the Corporate Events Manager will help to streamline our conference processes using fresh ideas and organizational skills, leveraging resources across teams to ensure measurable outcomes, and exceptional execution.
You are responsible for:
- Develop, plan and coordinate the company's presence and participation in regional, national and international events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Coordinate all aspects of conference events and serves as the main point of contact for internal staff, including staff training and supervising staff at events
- Maintain master conference calendar, multiple databases and inventories for equipment, collateral, and resources
- Develop meeting budget and controls expenses within each event budget, manages invoicing and reporting
- Streamline the Mercury customer experience across audiences and collaborate with our Marketing team to develop audience engagement strategies for each event, ensuring consistency of our company's visual brand
- Work closely with leadership and representatives from each internal team to develop and implement procedures related to conference management
- Research and review new and proposed conferences (including virtual meetings), develops process improvements based on emerging trends to enhance event planning
- Ensures event is completed smoothly and steps up to creatively resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event's success based on attendees, leads, and other data; prepares reports for leadership, teams and event staff
- Cover external events and conferences on evenings and weekends when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and culture
- Love being a team player
- Be goal driven and internally motivated
- Be available to travel, as needed
- Have proven customer service and interpersonal skills
- Work independently with a high level of autonomy and serve as a strong collaborator with stakeholders and team members across the company
- Possess clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as persuasive presentation skills
- Have knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management, including virtual meetings
- Enjoy researching and applying best practices for event management
- Above all, have excellent organizational skills and a knack for creative problem solving
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry's current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
To find out more about Why Mercury?, or visit the Mercury Community or find answers to general questions at Mercury FAQs
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Click here read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled