PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Network Engineer III leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to security architecture design, strategies and compliance. The Network Engineer III’s responsibilities are to configure and implement security and internet platforms, local and wide area networks along with management and associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing technology architectures. The Network Engineer III makes decisions independently on Information Systems solutions, problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise retail environments.
Leads the planning, evaluation, testing, selection, implementation and level 3 support of:
- Firewall architectures that include Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls (physical, virtual and cloud based)
- Deploying and supporting VPN – Site to Site, client-less and client based
- Proxy/web filtering solutions
- Endpoint identity management (NAC/ISE),
- IDS/IPS systems.
- Deep understand of AAA, TACACS+ and Radius protocols
- Experience with routing protocols – BGP, OSFP and EIGRP
- Internet Connectivity
- Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
- Network Management and Diagnostic tools
The Network Engineer III mentors junior engineers on security & networking technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures. Leads development, implementation, and maintenance of security and network standards and documentation. Participates in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals.
Participates in network infrastructure security audit activities and provides evidence as required. Leads network infrastructure security remediation activities Coordinates efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues. Participates in IT and corporate-lead initiatives. Researches new technology and evaluates viability to meet or exceed business requirements and goals.
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent job experience.
Seven years of planning, design, and implementation experience in network security and networking in a large enterprise retail environment. In-depth working knowledge of at least 3 of the following network related Cisco platforms:
Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems.
Working knowledge of the following:
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards
- Threat and vulnerability management and remediation
- IP addressing
- OSI model
Working knowledge of routers, switches and security platforms, including:
Experience using diagnostic and management tools such as:
- Nexus 7k/5k/2k, 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560 switches
- ISR / ASR routers
- Netscout, Netflow, Wireshark, NetMRI, CA,
- Palo Alto Next Gen Firewall platforms
- Palo Alto PCNSE Certification
- Cisco ASA Firewall platforms
- Cisco WSA
- Cisco ISE
- Threat and vulnerability management and remediation activities
- Network infrastructure security incident response
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
- Packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools
- Scripting to automate manual functions – Perl/Python
- Ability to leverage APIs for automation/customization
- Network Management and monitoring tools such as NetMRI, CA
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.