This National Guard position is for a ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (T32), Position Description Number D2049000 and is part of the AL 122ND TROOP SPT CMD, National Guard.
122ND TSC, SELMA, AL
COL C. MORGAN
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
(1) As the full-time representative of the Commander, oversees the development of unit goals. Ensures goals are in consonance with higher headquarters direction and local limitations. Oversees the development and execution of long and short range plans and programs. Provides a focus for all unit functions and activities.
(2) Supervises and coordinates the activities of the full time staff of the headquarters and subordinate units. Provides instructions and guidance to staff sections and subordinate units in the conduct of daily activities. Visits subordinate units on a regular basis to provide guidance and assistance to ensure command programs have been implemented and to evaluate their effectiveness.
(3) Manages the full time personnel program for the organization. Directs, coordinates, and oversees work directly and through subordinate supervisors. Advises staff regarding policies, procedures, and directives of higher-level management or headquarters. Selects candidates for subordinate non-supervisory and supervisory positions taking into consideration skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives.
(4) Promotes acceptance and adherence of programs such as Sexual Assault Response Program, Equal Employment Opportunity, Federal Women?s Program, Labor Management Relations, and other special emphasis programs.
(5) Provides oversight for unit level feeder reports. Evaluates organizational readiness reports and develops recommendations for improvement/modification to the organizational priorities based on ever-changing needs of the Brigade and subordinate units. Analyzes proposed changes and determines effects on organizational readiness and the ability of subordinate units to accomplish assigned missions.
(6) Executes command level inspection program for the organization. Conducts reviews and recommends changes to command policies, activities, programs, and ensures subordinate units are progressing toward the desired readiness goals. Provides guidance and assistance to ensure command programs have been implemented and evaluates their effectiveness in subordinate units.the facilities.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
0341 Administrative Officer
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS :
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Alabama Army National Guard recruiter at 800-464-8273 prior to applying for this position.
Military skill set is determined by MOS requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military MOS in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the MOS. Specific requirements are found in: references listed below, NGB Compatibility tables and your local Personnel section.
Only applicants within the military grade listed below will be considered.
Minimum Military Rank:
Maximum Military Rank:
Individuals exceeding the maximum military grade are required to submit a letter along with resume agreeing to a military demotion if selected. This Statement of Understanding is required for basic qualification.
Compatible Military Assignments:
- Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE :
Experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations. Supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions. Experience preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence. Experience evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various resources. Experience utilizing the organization, its mission and the organizational staff procedures. Experience using quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of administrative and technical programs. Experience developing the mission and work processes of programs throughout the military organization and multi level agencies. Experience in analytical and investigative techniques. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
The incumbent receives oversight and guidance from two sources: The Brigade Commander (generally a traditional Soldier) and full-time OIC of the next higher headquarters who functions as the full time supervisor. The incumbent plans, organizes, and determines the work methods and techniques required to achieve the stated goals and requirements of the unit. Incumbent independently carries out all assignments to include making necessary contacts and providing authoritative explanations of rules, regulations, and procedures. General review of work is made in terms of attainment of the Brigade's goals and objectives.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND/FAX/COURIER/EMAIL ANY APPLICATIONS OR RESUMES TO THE ALABAMA NATIONAL GUARD HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs. Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Administration and Management
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents :
SF-50 and DD214s are recommended, but not required.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.