Image Skincare is currently seeking new team members to join the fastest growing skincare brand in the industry. If you’re a high-energy, ambitious leader in your profession, we want to speak with you! Image Skincare is an evidence-based clinical skin care company, providing professional skincare products and effective skincare solutions in over 60 countries worldwide. The most innovative brand in the industry, Image Skincare consistently produces the latest anti-aging, balancing, hydrating, and illuminating technologies in our products. Our philosophy: Image Now, Age Later™
The Shopify Lead Developer leads the design and development of ecommerce Shopify+ solutions for the IMAGE Skincare Professional web and mobile site. This technical position will be responsible for ensuring web and mobile sites support business objectives, run seamlessly, process data accurately, perform well, and are maintained and secured to current technology standards. The Shopify Lead Developer will be a member of IMAGE Skincare’s Information Technology team and will work closely with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and service providers.
- Act as the single point of contact for all Shopify+ related projects, maintenance, and support.
- Interface with internal stakeholders, IT, and technical service providers to define scope and requirements, design system changes, estimate level of effort, develop and implement projects according to scope, budget and timeline
- Maintain awareness of current technology standards, releases, and emerging trends in Ecommerce and in Shopify+ administration and development.
- Design solutions to business problems using native functionality of Shopify+. Leverage Shopify+ features and custom development to automate business processes in support of customer self-service.
- Maintain system and operational documentation for Shopify+.
- Evaluate, configure, implement and document new business features to support internal stakeholder business requirements.
- Design and execute testing scenarios for new feature implementation
- Improve Shopify+ data integrity, automation and accuracy in automating business processes
- Upgrade, maintain, support, and refresh the Shopify+ environments using standard IT environment management best practices.
- Monitor and investigate ecommerce analytics for changes in performance and usability, such as page load times, bounce rate, conversion, etc.
- Work with the Marketing team to increase revenue and conversion rate, prioritizing changes to drive highest revenue and improve critical ecommerce KPIs
- Work with UX designers to ensure website functionality adheres to design specifications and maximizes ease of use across all browsers and device types
- Perform capacity planning for the Shopify+ platform, factoring in growth projections based on future business demand
- Evaluate, test and implement Shopify+ and related software maintenance releases and security patches according to vendors’ system maintenance guidelines
- Evaluate compatibility of new releases with existing integrated systems and extensions
- Security Administration: Create and manage users, profiles, roles, and permission sets in Shopify+
- Perform unit, system, user acceptance and performance testing on all production releases.
- Promote changes from non-production environments to production, following documented change management policy and standards.
- Research and resolve Shopify+ issues with data processing, performance, and accessibility
- Participate in Shopify+ roadmap development to include upgrades, extensions, and native Shopify+ feature implementations
- Maintain awareness of current security best practices and proactively implement security standards to comply with evolving regulations and best practices
- Perform data modeling, data mapping, data transformation and data standardization to ensure integrity of data fields, processing accuracy and compliance with Shopify+ best practices.
- Customize meta fields and page layouts according to defined user and system requirements.
- Monitor Shopify system events and escalate support issues that affect Image operations
- Troubleshoot escalated issues with Shopify+ and provide after hours on-call support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of Shopify+ administration and web development and deployment in a large, complex systems environment
- Experience administering and developing large-scale Shopify solutions with over 20,000 online customers
- Platforms: Shopify+, Experience with Magento 2 and AWS is a plus
- Hands-on experience developing and customizing Shopify themes and templates.
- Expert knowledge of Shopify APIs and Liquid templates
- Experience with creating Shopify+ landing pages, Shopify API integrations, theme customizations, responsive themes, extensions and web services.
- Experience developing Shopify+ cart scripts to deliver monthly promotional marketing calendar
- Strong understanding of Shopify features and functionality, standard objects, and data structures.
- IT project management experience – assess, analyze, design, plan, execute, test, deploy and support new system capabilities
- Background in integrating Shopify with other enterprise systems including SAP, Salesforce, Magento, and Microsoft-based platforms
- Experience using Google Analytics to analyze ecommerce trends
- Proficiency with SEO best practices, digital marketing, email marketing and conversion rate optimization
- Experience with standard IT processes, including Agile, SDLC, Project Management, and ITIL processes
- Desire to continuously learn and stay current with industry developments and trends
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and the proven ability to work effectively with numerous stakeholders and contributors, both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both business and technical audiences
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, with an ability to mitigate risk, communicate effectively, and facilitate problem resolution
- Ability to self-manage and motivate, to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time, using sound judgment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook)
6 Paid Holidays
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance (after 60 days of employment)
401 (k) (after one year of service)
Employee Corporate Discount Program
PTO (Paid Time Off)
Job Type: Full-time
- Outlook: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Analytics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Apache: 1 year (Preferred)
- E-Commerce: 1 year (Preferred)