What will I be doing?
The Junior Accountant will be doing basic, core accounting work such as journal entries, monthly closing, reconciliations, maybe some AP. This office handles finance & accounting for the U.S. and has 10 staff members, there are another 4 in Europe.
Examples work in this role might include:
What skills do I need?
- Facilitate the banking function, including deposits, upload ACH and positive pay report to the bank.
- Monthly bank reconciliation between Oracle general ledger balances and bank statement balances.
- Review validity of daily bank transactions and investigate any that appear to be fraudulent.
- Standardize and create efficiencies for financial reporting, reconciliations and ad hoc reports.
- Exercise attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency across all reporting and analysis responsibilities.
- Month-end close duties, including monthly journal entries, balance sheet and other account reconciliations.
- Handle the recording and monthly reporting of Fixed Assets schedules.
- Prepare monthly expense reports including variance analysis.
- Work with auditors during interim and annual audits.
- Prepare and submit the annual 1099s and other tax forms as needed.
- 3-5 years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred, a little bit of experience would be nice but would consider a fresh accounting grad
- Intermediate MS Office Suite user, particularly Excel, using formulas, functions, macros, queries and pivot tables.
- Oracle Financial experience a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and able/comfortable communicating across the organization.
- Precise attention to detail, well-organized, solution-oriented and comfortable working against deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, detail and results oriented, great organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work within tight deadlines.
This is a direct hire position located in the San Fernando Valley area.
- Competitive pay ($45k- 50k annually)
- Great benefits
- Very nice work environment
- Individual development is important/promoted
- Enviable work/life balance
- Please call for additional information