Data Analytics Intern (Summer 2019)
- SEO & Customer Success
- 10525 Vista Sorrento Parkway, San Diego, CA, USA
ABOUT MYERS MEDIA GROUP
Join Myers Media Group and work with a fun, fast-paced team that is changing the Macro SEO (Search Engine Optimization) game! You’ll work on SEO based projects and products that deliver millions of pages of content for top companies such as Expedia, Travelocity, Sears, Orbitz, Flights.com, and more. MMG has been around 10 years but we still roll like a start-up with a stocked kitchen, unlimited beverages, weekly catered meals, and exciting team building events. Come help us continue to grow our use of data science and our products to deliver big SEO results for our customers. Full time employees have access to flexible work scheduling (some roles), unlimited PTO, 401K plus match, medical, dental, and vision, EAP, wellness program, and access to some of the best medical providers in San Diego!
Exclusively seeking candidates in the San Diego, CA region. You must be able to commute to our Sorrento Valley office. Please be aware that resumes from applicants outside of the San Diego region will not be reviewed.
- Desired Start Date: May 2019
- Length: Summer 2019 semester, with the possibility of extension
- Desired Availability: 15-20 Hours/Week
Unpaid Educational Experience
You will work with the SEO team to support Macro SEO digital marketing efforts through collection and organization of large data sets, including data entry, data organization, analysis and visualization.
Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in an accredited college, university or trade school majoring in Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Communication, or Psychology.
- Conduct keyword research, data collection, data entry, organization and data analysis
- Data reporting and visualization within Word and PowerPoint
- Be involved with many aspects of machine learning, data acquisition, visualization, and some design and analysis tasks
- Assist in the identification, generation, and selection of features from various structured and unstructured data sets.
- Data analytics, including website performance and campaign reporting
- Data entry and experience with organizing data sets within Excel
- Highly motivated, analytical thinker
- Self-starter with attention to detail
- Precise and concise oral and written communication skills
ADDITIONAL USEFUL TECHNICAL SKILLS (A PLUS)
- Prior experience using WordPress
- Background in data mining, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistics, or probability
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Myers Media Group (MMG) that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. MMG will consider all individuals for any position for which they are qualified and able to perform.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the skills and location requirements specified in this job posting.