2827 HOLTON AVENUE
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA 46806
(260) 456-4172 FAX (260) 456-4075
Vincent Village Job Description
Vincent Villageprovides shelter, care, advocacy, affordable housing, and support services for families experiencing homelessness, as these families build strength and strive to become independent, productive members of the community.
Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible to: Director of Operations
Employment Status: Part-time – up to 29 hours, Non-exempt
Position Objective: Increase client support through volunteer involvement.
Responsible for: Recruiting, placing, orienting, and supporting volunteers, and providing ongoing assessment of agency needs to determine ways to best utilize volunteers.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Social Work, Volunteer Management, Human Services, Human Resources, or similar arena.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for working with both volunteers and residents.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications, specifically the MS Office Programs & internet applications
- Rapid comprehension and ability to quickly learn policies and procedures for a multi-faceted organization and compliance requirements for a variety of resources
- Standard office activity associated with attending meetings within the organization and meeting external constituents, lifting objects in an office context, and ability to climb stairs or walk moderate distances. Extended periods of time working on the PC.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license; required minimum insurance coverage and daily access to reliable transportation.
- Must be exceptionally organized and detail oriented.
- Regular availability during weekends and evenings
Summary of essential job functions:
- Recruit volunteers to staff the following:
- Vinnie’s Exchange Store
- Tutoring after School
- Mentoring for families, individual adults, or individual youth
- Academy Classes on finances, employment, parenting, etc.
- Special events, such as move-in celebrations
- Front Desk
- Donation Center
- Shelter Activities
- Cleaning/preparing houses for new move ins
- Orient, train, and place volunteers for above tasks
- Produce quarterly E-Newsletter
- Coordinate Family Mentoring Program
- Either directly supervise or coordinate supervision of volunteers on the job
- Plan and carry out annual volunteer recognition event, and provide volunteer recognition and support at least quarterly throughout the year.
- Maintaining strong, positive relationships with current and prospective volunteers.
- Keep Development Coordinator updated on volunteer needs to include on website and in marketing information.
- Track and log volunteer hours for the purposes of annual reporting.
- Attend monthly staff meetings to determine/monitor agency volunteer needs.
This description is not intended to be a limited list of assignments and allows for additions and changes as deemed necessary to provide quality care for the clients of Vincent Village. I have read the job description for this position and confirm that I have the competency to successfully fulfill the position requirements.
Vincent Village, the USDA, and the State of Indiana are equal opportunity providers and employers.
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule