Summary: Provides support by courteously greeting patients and other customers. Schedules procedures and communicates information to appropriate Medical Center personnel. Prioritizes responsibilities to ensure departmental activities are performed in appropriate sequence and completed within established guidelines. Supports the department by recording and updating data, answering in-coming telephone calls and assisting staff as necessary.
Education / Experience: High school graduate or equivalent. Experience with computer data entry and standard office equipment.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration : N/A
Generic Job Description
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
2. Schedules outpatient procedures as needed, promptly removes orders from order queue and schedules to appropriate resources, maintains appropriate records which contribute to the efficiency of the departmental operations and coordinates with other departments as needed.
3. Registers patients prior to imaging procedures.
4. Reviews orders for clarity and completeness, records and updates patient/procedure information electronically, collects and accurately reports patient payments.
5. Maintains effective communication with customers, greets and offers assistance, provides appropriate information in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
6. Maintains knowledge and skill of appropriate equipment to ensure proper use and efficiency of duties performed.
7. Maintains effective coordination of activities, promotes cooperation, shares information and makes optimal use of abilities, equipment and materials to accomplish desired departmental goals.
8. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contributes to the achievement of departmental objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with physicians, staff and other Medical Center personnel.
Ability to prioritize clinical responsibilities.